• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for my Retirement

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for my Retirement
Vol 2

Been waiting for this one for a bit. FUNA is also doing I Shall Survive Using Potions!, which I believe is more popular. So I have my fingers crossed hoping he doesn't drop this one.

Plot: After being pushed off a cliff by group of teenage delinquents, Mitsuha gains the ability to travel between two worlds, hers and another fantasy world. So she hopes to gain gold for her retirement by selling stuff from Earth to this fantasy world.

Advanced weapons training from a mercenary group on Earth and she is ready for the medieval fantasy world.

Volume two expands on this even further. While Mitsuha doesn't have super powers per se, she does use her Earth connection to its fullest measure. You can buy a lot of power with gold from the Kingdom's treasury.

Things go up in scale in this volume, when Mitsuha spoiler[saves the Kingdom from invasion from a neighboring empire who uses monsters and dragons to fight]. And when the mercenary group brings back a spoiler[dragon], things hit the fan on Earth too.

You gotta keep earning that gold Mitsuha.......
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:11 am Reply with quote
Many of us are going to have to double dip on this one.

As volume 1 of the light novel and volume 1 of the manga have been released recently. So the first two volumes I already have, probably won't sync with the new releases.

That said I am glad this series has been licensed rescued.
HoneyAlice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:49 am Reply with quote
I haven't been in the anime hangout that long, but it never ceases to amaze me how awesome their plots are!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1