• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Anime Reveals 5 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:55 am Reply with quote
It's Kill-Vearn, not Gilburn. Part of the theme naming with the other major leaders of the Demon Army.
vanishingblood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
Got a free Hulu sub and I'm so surprised how good this show is. Only complaints are how fast its moving and the female leads' hair is very dated. Otherwise, I'm very much enjoying it.
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:50 pm Reply with quote
vanishingblood wrote:
Got a free Hulu sub and I'm so surprised how good this show is. Only complaints are how fast its moving and the female leads' hair is very dated. Otherwise, I'm very much enjoying it.

I've found the pace to be fine, nothing seems out of place rushed at least. It does give intense nostalgia of Saturday morning series from the 90s, I'm loving it as a DQ fan.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Electric Wooloo wrote:
vanishingblood wrote:

I've found the pace to be fine, nothing seems out of place rushed at least. It does give intense nostalgia of Saturday morning series from the 90s, I'm loving it as a DQ fan.

Yes, it's nothing near the Houshin Engi remake pace!
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Pacing is fine for an adaptation, it just can't be compared to the old anime, that had filler and a slower pacing overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1