• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen Remake Heads to Steam on January 22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:03 am Reply with quote
I figured this was out on PC already. Great game, however the difficulty on this reboot has been tweaked much lower. Honestly the hardest battle is the Boss Rush Extra Battle and that was really not that difficult. In comparison to the original version which was overall insanely difficult.

If I didn't already have this on PS4 I'd gone for the PC version.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Great to have this version on PC finally. Just hope they would find time to do the same for Tears to Tiara 1 too (Specifically the 2008 PS3 version, which designs were used for the anime. 2005 PC version was the one which got fan-translated).

It isn't mentioned in the article, but the 2002 Utawarerumono release for PC differs radically from the PS2 release(Japan, 2006), the latter which designs were used for the anime. What we have here is the souped-up version of the 2006 release, not the 2002 version(which was fan-translated).
tomdean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
if it's the all-age version, it'll do the game a great disservice, or do they have the 18+ patch?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:19 pm Reply with quote
tomdean wrote:
if it's the all-age version, it'll do the game a great disservice, or do they have the 18+ patch?

It’ll do a great disservice only to the small group of people that care about the adult content being taken out game.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:27 pm Reply with quote
tomdean wrote:

There isn't a +18 version of the PS2 version, only the 2002 PC version. That applies to any subsequent ports of it, including this. And as said above, the PC version is very different from the one that was released on PS2...
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 pm Reply with quote
tomdean wrote:

The game is better off without the 18+ content, really. It was only included in the first place because the attitude in the early 2000's was that PC VNs needed 18+ content to sell. No version of the story (which includes the anime and PS2/PSP remakes) has had any 18+ content since then, and it's just fine.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
tomdean wrote:

The game is better off without the 18+ content, really. It was only included in the first place because the attitude in the early 2000's was that PC VNs needed 18+ content to sell. No version of the story (which includes the anime and PS2/PSP remakes) has had any 18+ content since then, and it's just fine.

Yep, Kuon got delivered by a stork. Perfectly fine.
bahamutzero89

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:42 am Reply with quote
^
There is a difference between things.being shown and things being implied. The later does happen of course and it's totally fine. Utawarerumonos adult scenes are utter garbage, worse than nasu stuff.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:21 pm Reply with quote
bahamutzero89 wrote:

There is a difference between things.being shown and things being implied. The later does happen of course and it's totally fine. Utawarerumonos adult scenes are utter garbage, worse than nasu stuff.

No. Not even close.

Discussing my favorite 2 VNs.. Tsukihime, and Utawarerumono.. Tsukihime had some literally cringe inducing H scenes.. Kagetsu Tohya introduce some new less creepy H scenes but still no. Utawarerumono's H scenes where nowhere near that level, but they were also nowhere near memorable enough for me to say they stand out either.

H content or no H content is not a deal breaker, the new stuff will not have it but there is always Rule 34 for those that MUST have it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1