Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sore Demo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru Manga Gets TV Anime in 2022


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yune Amagiri



Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 498
Location: France
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought both of Takagi-san spin-off would have been animated before Ayumu, not that i mind since it's my favorite one from Sōichirō Yamamoto-sensei,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HueyLion



Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Posts: 659
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Gosh this author really knows how to make great stories
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morry



Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 755
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't a fan of Takagi. Felt a little too lop-sided. This one though has been a real treat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2360
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
I wasn't a fan of Takagi. Felt a little too lop-sided. This one though has been a real treat.

Same. Don't care for Takagi, but it's been fun following this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodz



Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 446
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The romantic comedy story centers on shogi, a Japanese variant of chess.


Can you make the summary even shorter?

Most of the article talks about Takagi-san!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sakurazuka_Reika



Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 524
Location: Malta
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Quote:
The romantic comedy story centers on shogi, a Japanese variant of chess.


Can you make the summary even shorter?

Most of the article talks about Takagi-san!


I totally missed the description of the series in the article and checked the comments to see if anyone else could shed light on what this series is about
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2360
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I totally missed the description of the series in the article and checked the comments to see if anyone else could shed light on what this series is about

Description, taken form md;
Quote:
From the author of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san comes another sweet couple's comedy about Tanaka Ayumu, a first year high school student who is secretly in love with his senior, the president of the unofficial Shogi club, Yaotome Urushi. Tanaka vows to confess his feelings to Yaotome after he manages to defeat her in a game of shogi, but he's a beginner at the game and Yaotome always beats him. Meanwhile, she keeps trying to get Tanaka to admit his feelings, but he rarely allows his poker face to slip.

Though the day of his victory is still nowhere to be seen, this is the story in which he may ‘checkmate’ her by other means.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 866
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I totally missed the description of the series in the article and checked the comments to see if anyone else could shed light on what this series is about

Description, taken form md;
Quote:
From the author of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san comes another sweet couple's comedy about Tanaka Ayumu, a first year high school student who is secretly in love with his senior, the president of the unofficial Shogi club, Yaotome Urushi. Tanaka vows to confess his feelings to Yaotome after he manages to defeat her in a game of shogi, but he's a beginner at the game and Yaotome always beats him. Meanwhile, she keeps trying to get Tanaka to admit his feelings, but he rarely allows his poker face to slip.

Though the day of his victory is still nowhere to be seen, this is the story in which he may ‘checkmate’ her by other means.

This feels like Kaguya-sama with shogi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soulwarfare



Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 pm Reply with quote
So is this the beginning of a Takagi cinematic universe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 889
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Hope we can someday get the manga in English, along with the Takagi spin-off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyo Hisagi



Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
So is this the beginning of a Takagi cinematic universe?


Crossover with Nagatoro and Kaguya when
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joshua Zarate
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 1986
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote
I don’t know anything about shogi, but seeing that this series is by the creator of Takagi-san, I know I’m going to love it anyway in spite of that. Looking forward to it. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
phia_one



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1527
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't a fan of Takagi-san, but I liked what I read of this series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenchi



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 4313
Location: Ottawa... now I'm an ex-Anglo Montrealer.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm not interested in shogi but I'll still watch this one just for the fantastic supporting character, Sakurako Mikage, the librarian girl spoiler[who also likes to practice hypnosis on her totally-not-boyfriend].

Kyo Hisagi wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:
So is this the beginning of a Takagi cinematic universe?


Crossover with Nagatoro and Kaguya when


If you crossover with Nagatoro, she's also met Magical Sempai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jdnation



Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 1370
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
That \/\/\/ face alone convinces me to look forward to this. Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group