• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Redo of Healer Novels Get Spinoff Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theilikepie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Maybe in this the Heroes hired MC stole all his recipes and kicked him out of the cafe after it got famous

He Swears to take revenge by making his cafe the best in the world. Slowly and surely he gets the former chefs of the cafe on his side by raping there taste buds using his fresh ingredients and brianswashes them through the power of good food
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:44 pm Reply with quote
theilikepie wrote:
Slowly and surely he gets the former chefs of the cafe on his side by raping there taste buds using his fresh ingredients and brianswashes them through the power of good food

So Food Wars without all the academy nonsense?
zztop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

All his hatred, all his planning, its still there but now it's useless, seeing the MC slowly coping with this and moving on in life would actually be an interesting read.

There's actually an ongoing webnovel series, A Wish To Grant Happiness/Negawakuba no Kono Te no Koufuku Wo, that actually addresses this issue.

It's about this minor adventurer with servility/loser issues who's basically dumped on and treated like shit by more top-dog fellow adventurer party colleagues. He gets an offer from a mysterious magical being to go back in time some years back and redo his life.

Although it looks like it's going to be an edgy revenge story where he gets bloodily even with his tormentors, it ends up being more of an exercise in subtle character growth/building. His decisions to reevaluate and improve upon his weaknesses, and not being as big a dick as he could've been to the same colleagues he re-encounters again ends up subverting the reasons he even needed to get revenge in the first place by making his tormenters(and himself) better people in the process.

Unfortunately it seems the Japanese readerbase didn't like it very much. The publishers only released 2 volumes since 2019 but no further publications since (despite the ton of WN material available), which is usually a sign of poor sales and a quiet discontinuation.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 pm Reply with quote
You're finally awake! That was a pretty bad fall you had.

What? Betrayal? Revenge rape? What the hell are you talking about, Kayal-kun? Come on, we've got orders to fill!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

All his hatred, all his planning, its still there but now it's useless, seeing the MC slowly coping with this and moving on in life would actually be an interesting read.

There's actually an ongoing webnovel series, A Wish To Grant Happiness/Negawakuba no Kono Te no Koufuku Wo, that actually addresses this issue.

It's about this minor adventurer with servility/loser issues who's basically dumped on and treated like shit by more top-dog fellow adventurer party colleagues. He gets an offer from a mysterious magical being to go back in time some years back and redo his life.

Although it looks like it's going to be an edgy revenge story where he gets bloodily even with his tormentors, it ends up being more of an exercise in subtle character growth/building. His decisions to reevaluate and improve upon his weaknesses, and not being as big a dick as he could've been to the same colleagues he re-encounters again ends up subverting the reasons he even needed to get revenge in the first place by making his tormenters(and himself) better people in the process.

Unfortunately it seems the Japanese readerbase didn't like it very much. The publishers only released 2 volumes since 2019 but no further publications since (despite the ton of WN material available), which is usually a sign of poor sales and a quiet discontinuation.

A shame, sounds interesting.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm Reply with quote
The takeover is just beginning. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2