• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jun Maeda's New Book Delisted From Kodansha's Site

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
Well this certainly doesn't seem like a good sign for his health. Especially given that he recently disappeared from Twitter. I enjoy his works, so I hope that he manages to pull through whatever's going on right now.

The article mentions that he was hospitalized in 2016, but I wonder if he knew about the heart condition (and/or developed it) well before that. If so, that could definitely put several of his works in a different perspective (particularly Angel Beats), and perhaps influence the prevalence of characters who suffer from some inexplicable, yet deadly, disease in those works. It kind of feels like poor taste to speculate about such things, but my curiosity is getting the better of me here.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this delays the books and makes sure he has enough time edit and rewrite the book so that it turns out with a passable ending this time. Of course I hope he is well, but after angel beats it would be a massive understatement to say that he has been doing half baked stories...which is really sad.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Could just be the site wasn't meant to have it live yet, so they had to frantically remove it after getting in trouble with KEY/Maeda.
LightningComet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope he'll be okay. 2021 is shaping up to be just as dark and weird as 2020...
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Again, he has deleted his Twitter account at least three times before.

I do wonder if he's changing the name of the book or something else about it. Who knows right now.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 pm Reply with quote
^ It could stand a better name, but also do hope this isn't a bad sign. If so, Mr. Maeda could wind up enacting one of his stories...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope Jun Maeda's okay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1