• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Game to Also Include Original Video Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:28 am Reply with quote
Id love for this (and the previous games) to be ported to the west. Maybe the OVA will be a set up for the game, like Iroha and Yui imagine what it would be like if Hachiman has chosen them instead of Yukino.
HamsterExAstris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:26 am Reply with quote
It would surprise me if the game came West.

I'm assuming this is a VN like the last two Oregairu games. (It's possible it's a different genre, I guess, but unlike the Danmachi/Re:Zero games the property doesn't really lend itself naturally to other genres.) If so, it's a niche game aimed at an already niche market - fans of the original property. That's going to severely limit the sales potential.

I can only think of one VN based on a licensed property that's been translated (Date-a-Live: Rio Rincarnation), and I don't think it sold too well in the West; there's been no announcement of the sequel being translated. Doesn't bode well for other similar titles.
Kuzu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
I'm REALLY curious on how they plan on continuing this series after the last season.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:34 am Reply with quote
While I am quite satisfied with how Climax ended, I speculate that this new project could be a sequel movie. And not that I really need it, but it would be nice if Sentai licensed this new OVA and the one for season 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1