• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime's Teaser Video Reveals More Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Don't really see Mikako Komatsu doing an upbeat girly role that often.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far! I'm looking forward to watching it!
Definitely can't wait for the previews of Weisz, Homura, and Pino, that's for sure.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 am Reply with quote
Looks good, it uses a light bloob design that, funny enough, goes well with Mashima thicc girls, which I suppose it's the idea.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:46 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail aired in mornings (despite that FT has ecchi) but Eden's Zero will air at late night. So that means it will have one cour because of time slot, like World Trigger season 2?
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:44 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Fairy Tail aired in mornings (despite that FT has ecchi) but Eden's Zero will air at late night. So that means it will have one cour because of time slot, like World Trigger season 2?

Maybe. But if the anime and video game productions are in close conjunction with each other (both trailers use the same themes), it's reasonable to guess from the video game screenshots from the latest magazine issue that the anime might cover around 70 chapters worth of the manga, which would be very unwise to crunch into 12 or 13 episodes.

The late-night airtime also means that it'll have less censorship. And lemme tell you for anyone who hasn't gotten far in this series before, Edens Zero has more...intense imagery that you don't find even in the Fairy Tail manga, and not just ecchi-wise.
will.babe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 am Reply with quote
you guys the hype is real OMG and I hope it has 22 episodes and not just 13 but please IT HAS TO BE SEASONAL
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

I'd imagine its going to be 2 cour given the amount of content already out there. For shonen stuff it seems more profitable/safe these days to just greenlight 2 cours at a time instead of doing a long runner.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:14 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
The late-night airtime also means that it'll have less censorship. And lemme tell you for anyone who hasn't gotten far in this series before, Edens Zero has more...intense imagery that you don't find even in the Fairy Tail manga, and not just ecchi-wise.
Yeah... no joke, some of the imagery used definitely had my skin crawling and shivers going up my spine. So a late-night airing may end up being best.

As for the discussion of episode count... I'm hoping they'll try to adapt up until Chapter 100 at the very least, although not sure how many cours that would actually fit. That, to me, is a great stopping point with how it wraps up the beginning arcs.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm Reply with quote
The trailer looked good. Late night airing! More freedom to show the good stuff they normally alter in the anime. But you know the parents will still file a complaint when their children shouldn't be up so late as shown in the past.

RAVE should have gotten a 20th anniversary anime remake, but that time period has passed now. Unfortunate since its Mashima's best series.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:00 am Reply with quote
The fact that Funi has tweeted about the show likely hints at they are or trying to get it.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
The fact that Funi has tweeted about the show likely hints at they are or trying to get it.
That was my thought too. I really do hope that they will. I loved their releases and dub for Fairy Tail, so I'd trust they'd do the same for Edens Zero.

... Although the only dub member I would want to return to their role would be Tia Ballard as Happy. I really do hope they won't try and use a lot of the same cast from FT for the same lead roles. I say this also knowing that I'd probably snicker & roll my eyes a bit if Colleen Clinkenbeard and Robert McCollum play the roles of Elsie Crimson & Justice. >.>
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1