• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Anime Unveils New Visual, July Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirvana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little sad its just being called "S".
If it stands for "Super Supreme Second life Starts", it should've at least been SSSS. I'll be doubly sad if a character does the Ultraman pose during the run.

Also nitpicking/minor editorial oversight:

"Funimation released the anime on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in April 2020."

Original BD/DVD release was 2018 (The "Classics"-BD-only release was in 2020).
I had two members of the cast sign my copy before the article (as-is) states it should have even existed.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 am Reply with quote
Panoptican wrote:
I'm not really digging that new character's design. It's awful. Dragon Maid is such a wholesome show that the pervy stuff just feels completely out of place. I don't have anything against pervy stuff in anime in general, but it doesn't work in every show. Dragon Maid is one of the worst offenders of out-of-place perviness.

I know someone might come along and tell me the manga is even more pervy. To that I would say okay. I wouldn't like it there either.

I'm still looking forward to the new season because everything else about Dragon Maid is great. I just cringed at the poster a bit.

You’ll have to blame the new character’s design on the creator of the original manga. Kyo-Ani didn’t just randomly put her in on their own. Yeah, they could have skipped over her, but she’s part of a major story arc.
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:39 am Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Dragon Maid is only so wholesome because KyoAni dialed back some (though not all) of the fanservice from the manga and put more emphasis on the found family theme. .

KyoAni were the one who decided to give Kanna super thicc thighs. So that's kinda debatable.
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Horsefellow wrote:
KyoAni were the one who decided to give Kanna super thicc thighs. So that's kinda debatable.

She already looked like that as early as the second volume of the manga, so I'd have to disagree. I said they toned down some of the fanservice, not all of it.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 pm Reply with quote
A new oppaidragon has appeared. This season has me even more interested. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2