• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Winter 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Brook09 wrote:
Really a bummer that theron has only 2 new shows to review from this season.

I would have loved seeing his input on someother fantasy/isekai shows this season.

Welp at least he got mushoku tensei, this'll be a delight to follow his reviews one the anime, as most of the time he's fair and his insight is pretty good (as long the source material is not too rushed "index III") Very Happy

While I have done four titles in a season on a handful of occasions, I usually prefer to keep to three because four can be limiting on getting other reviews done. But I will do it if there's a bad need or a lot of titles I'm eager to do.

That reality could hit in the Spring season. 86 is my next-highest-priority title for the year after Spider, so I will volunteer to do it regardless of how many titles I have carrying over from this season.

EDIT: As for other titles this season, I haven't set my watch list yet, but there's a good chance I will follow one or both of Hidden Dungeon and Redo. They will get season-end reviews if I do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Almost all the shows I am watching made it ; only the sanrio lesbians is not; glad to see who is reviewing jobless, if things go right we will have one decade of that, plus it's isekai quartet appaerances.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Brook09 wrote:

I would have loved seeing his input on someother fantasy/isekai shows this season.

Welp at least he got mushoku tensei, this'll be a delight to follow his reviews one the anime, as most of the time he's fair and his insight is pretty good (as long the source material is not too rushed "index III") Very Happy

While I have done four titles in a season on a handful of occasions, I usually prefer to keep to three because four can be limiting on getting other reviews done. But I will do it if there's a bad need or a lot of titles I'm eager to do.

That reality could hit in the Spring season. 86 is my next-highest-priority title for the year after Spider, so I will volunteer to do it regardless of how many titles I have carrying over from this season.

EDIT: As for other titles this season, I haven't set my watch list yet, but there's a good chance I will follow one or both of Hidden Dungeon and Redo. They will get season-end reviews if I do.

As someone can't stand either of those shows I actually am counting on you for that. Smile
Assuming conventions ever come back it will be really useful.

If I could make a request, for jobless reincarnation could you include a rudy doing obnoxious stuff rating on the episode reviews. I (and probably many others) want to watch the show but find rudy way to much to deal with as he is, so a good gauge of how long he is going to be at that level would be a huge help for if I can suffer through him or not.

I know it is a bit much to ask for, but I do think it will give me and others, the info we need to know if/when we can start enjoying the series like you can.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 am Reply with quote
Lol survey already over and u made a post 1hr ago twitter that we can vote wtf is this BS.
GIVE people MORE TIME TO VOTE every season same shit tons of people missing out on it or get someone else to do ur twitter posts......
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:07 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
If I could make a request, for jobless reincarnation could you include a rudy doing obnoxious stuff rating on the episode reviews. I (and probably many others) want to watch the show but find rudy way to much to deal with as he is, so a good gauge of how long he is going to be at that level would be a huge help for if I can suffer through him or not.

I know it is a bit much to ask for, but I do think it will give me and others, the info we need to know if/when we can start enjoying the series like you can.

Oh, you mean a running Rudy Obnoxious Level on a scale of 1 to 5? It might be interesting to track that over the course of a season, so I'll consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:09 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Oh, you mean a running Rudy Obnoxious Level on a scale of 1 to 5? It might be interesting to track that over the course of a season, so I'll consider it.

YES exactly, thank you very much, I would be very curious where you would put him in episode 1, especially considering I would expect him to get worse before he gets better.
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 am Reply with quote
Shame Theron didn't get Re:Zero. Was the only one who picked it for "Best of 2020." But, I understand. Continuity, since Kim already did Part 1.
Florete

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 am Reply with quote
I kinda wanted Redo of Healer to make it in just to watch someone suffer, but can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to pick it up.

Everything I actually voted for got in except Uma Musume 2, which is no surprise and was my least desired one anyway. I only voted for it at all because I'm just not watching many shows this season.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:46 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Digimon Adventure: reviews will retire after this Sunday.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Understandable; the show has been a drag to watch for weeks now, and there's only so much you can say about disappointment without repeating yourself each week, so I can't really blame Christopher for wanting to move on to better things. I guess the reviews were a nice spot to commiserate together, but I do that on Discord anyway. I look forward to the Otherside Picnic reviews!
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:54 am Reply with quote
I'll be looking forward to Nicholas Dupree's Ex-Arm reviews. His writing in the Preview Guide for the series genuinely made me laugh out loud.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Lol survey already over and u made a post 1hr ago twitter that we can vote wtf is this BS.
GIVE people MORE TIME TO VOTE every season same shit tons of people missing out on it or get someone else to do ur twitter posts......

The survey was live for 48 hours, with multiple posts across both ANN twitter accounts, including one that specifically said the poll would close at 12pm Pacific on the 15th.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:19 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Brook09 wrote:

Why do i have a bad feeling about what Hidden Dungeon and Redo will end up being like

Speaking of Redo, i'm surprised the big "controversial" show of the season didn't get daily reviews. I recall Cross ange, Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer got daily reviews

As for the current season: hoping Jujutsu Kaisen, Re:zero, last dungeon boonies, and Spider are good

There will also be one set of reviews i will be reading: Mushoku Tensei. Given both the horrid reception to the first episode, the defense being made for it and people claiming it's a major influence on isekai itself, i want to see if it has any cultural merit/value
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:20 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I'm hoping that obnoxious level gets lower over time because man, hearing people talk about the first episode was quite repulsive
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:45 am Reply with quote
I missed the vote but everything I am following was included so it’s all good
Ruddor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
World Trigger is back, baby!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4