• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Cells at Work! Code Black

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:55 am Reply with quote
So who were those guys telling everyone it was over at the end of ep 12 supposed to represent?

That sure is quite the recovery O_o

A transfusion into a worse body seems a bit cruel to end on. Hopefully we get a second season and see things turn around again.

Thanks for the spoilers, that does explain some things Smile
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I was never quite a fan of this part. Seems to get it's messaged mixed, but that's kind of the problem I have with the core concept as well. Their jobs are shitty and awful and the series is never out of ways to express how, but ultimately sticking to the job is objectively good, since unlike with actual people, unionizing, worker co-ops, going on strike would lead to sickness and/or death. It can never really function as a critique of abusive work practices when you think of it this way. The only way to deal with a problem like this would have been to sidestep it entirely, which the series didn't quite do up until the end.]

Also, there's no way in hell someone that had a heart attack, history of liver problems, alcoholism, smoking, etc would ever be allowed to donate blood. The author themselves clarified that as a bit of artistic license.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:01 pm Reply with quote
That was a nice, cheery ending up until the credit roll. I kept wanting them to show something about the rib fractures knitting though. Speaking of ribs, weren't they the arches in the "sky"? So did they draw blood from the guy's abdomen or what?

But given all the various things this RBC has gone through with this body, he's surely nearly at the end of his own natural lifespan. RBCs only live about 4 months -- less than that, given the conditions in that body. If all the gout and kidney stones and hair loss and ulcers and blood clots happened in less than that time, the body wouldn't have been stressed by overwork, as it wouldn't have been able to go to work!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3