• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: EX-ARM

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bexarath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:56 am Reply with quote
I've been suffering with you Nick, all the way up to the slapdash, nonsensical ending. Had the show had the decency to end after episode 11 it would have at least had a somewhat coherent conclusion to this nothing of a story, but no. It needed the last episode to ensure that EX ARM would be remembered for having absolutely no redeeming qualities.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:53 am Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, I haven't watched a second of Ex-Arm and I feel like that was a good thing. that said I'm certainly intrigued by the circumstances of this ... Sphinxter(for the reference check out If Team Rocket Stole Pokemon in the 1800s by Dorkly but basically someone spoiler[sewed two cat lower halves togethe]r)
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:32 am Reply with quote
GIF = 2006 episode of the television show The Class entitled “The Class Learns About Hurricanes”
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 am Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
GIF = 2006 episode of the television show The Class entitled “The Class Learns About Hurricanes”

I saw that show's only season when it was new, and yet even I know that GIF will be its only legacy.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
By any chance, does somebody know how many character models were repeated?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Hopefully, this means the end for Crunchyroll originals. Further proof that Crunchyroll should just license anime.

The Webtoon stuff might have a future, and even then I seriously doubt anyone's in a hurry to finish FreakAngels after you know, the whole 60 counts of sexual coercion from the author thing.

Everything else? Has anything released via the Originals line really made people go "Yeah, I want more of this?" Even its most popular release, God of High School was essentially viewed as "an okay attempt that needed some serious refinement" (not that I blame them for animating it, tournament fighting anime is huge with American audiences). And then there's this. This is going to go down in history as legendary in its awfulness.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I think proper revenge to CR for giving us this abomination is to vote it in as the winner of CR's Anime of the Year Awards, in as many categories as possible.
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
thankfully a lot of great writers have documented how this shambling homonculus made it to air

I am greatly interested in this sentence. Are there any good summaries or explanations out there of these documentations? I have no interest in watching the show but I would have great interesting in how a total failure is forced to air by corporates.

@beatdigger Technically Reincarnated as a Spider is a CR Original Production and I am greatly interested in more when it ends its second cour (first just finished).
VerQuality

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine another way of review this disaster of a series than these. There comes a point when dunking on a completely botched production stops being funny, and just starts being depressing, and I'm amazed Nick managed to keep the reviews entertaining all the way through, while still giving us this well-composed final write-up summarizing exactly why it's so utterly, irredeemably bad. Reviews should be both informative and entertaining, and the fact that these managed to be both for a show that was neither is a job well done.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 am Reply with quote
tywhoppity wrote:
I think proper revenge to CR for giving us this abomination is to vote it in as the winner of CR's Anime of the Year Awards, in as many categories as possible.
That is the best idea I've ever heard. Can you imagine the look on the presenters faces when they have to announce this as a winner. Sadly though it won't get picked by the jury to be put up for voting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12