• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, I read lots of theories on how rudy's mother hated him because of her past with paul, so it was nice to see that was not the case.

Now into a theory, and the novel adds nothing more ot it, it looks like Paul's family used the event with ridia to justify kicking him out of the house, to die as a dog/adventurer, taht was mroe or less my udnerstanding of the situation, but I ofund it super weird that some nobles can be super bad and get a free pass and Paul got actually punished; adding the power struggle to the situation pretty much fixes that.

A detail that should have been explained already, Rudeus has not been learning new techniques as shown by cumulonimbus still being his strongest spell, but he has kept on improving on the basics, the stone figurines (nice shooot out to ARc sys with the dizzy and jam ones) take a lot of mana and technique to make because the stone has to be compressed.

I still don't know if arcsys is in the credits because they helped with the animation, as some parts look liek the type of 3d they love to do, or because they are sponsoring the anime, as the anime has shown some guilty gear stuff, both in the past scenes and in the figures rudeus makes (now I wonder if they will keep the fure one punch man reference, as the manga dropped it).

To understand what happening with that magical release, the dialogs by the relevant characters are some nice clues, then that can be extrapolated with bits and pieces in the genre adna few other episodes. Funny enough, in the original webnovel, that is not explained until the epilogue.

But yes, the plot is finally starting, I remember one of the reviews had the reviewer curiosu about one thing, I think we will get to that in this coeur.

Rudeus sisters are super cute, particularly Aisha ( the maid ), Norn crying to " a super will eat you was a great joke, web novel spoilers spoiler[ as she ends up marrying one]. Brorsted is indeed very cool with those yakuza vibes; making kishirika a comical loli was not a move I expected considering how this series has been handling the ecchi, but it's fresh and good and gives me hopes for future events, as we can see, she is a demon lord who is wearing a stereotypical man-killer sedectress outfit.
el_morris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Kibako wrote:
Fakerman wrote:
How many episodes are left?
Please do not end on a cliffhanger. Sad

2 cours, so 24 episodes I guess. But I heard half of those gonna be aired in July or so. So 4 left and then a 3 months break?

I don't remember when is the next turning point but I believe they will make a satisfy ending for both half.
spoiler[One ending will probably be around the start and the other at the end of a long ass journey. ]

But if second season is made, be prepare for a shitton of cliffhangers lol.

I'm just guessing, but maybe the season will en with spoiler[Rudeus, Eris and Rujerd leaving the demonic continent, heading to Milis continent], leaving a lot of content out of the anime.
And from Hitogami, it's not a turning point but more a tip for Rudeus spoiler[to go buy something in a street shop, he does and meets Kishirika and gets his first mystic eye, and imo loses a chance to sneak Rujerd into Milis ]
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 pm Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
And from Hitogami, it's not a turning point but more a tip for Rudeus spoiler[to go buy something in a street shop, he does and meets Kishirika and gets his first mystic eye, and imo loses a chance to sneak Rujerd into Milis ]

spoiler[But they did have Ruijerd smuggled on the boat with them though, a while later after the events with Kirishika? Or are you talking about the webnovel?]
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:11 pm Reply with quote
The whole story of Musoku Tensei is about redemption and becoming a better person. Start condoning all the glorification of violence in anime and manga then as well.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That raises the question of how much of what happened in the bedroom scene was Philip putting Eris up to it (as Rudy suspects) and how much was Eris's own fumbling attempts at awakening sexuality. After all, she clearly likes Rudy more than she wants to admit and is not shown having any other males even close to her own age around.

Just a heads up to the OP. In Volume 2 of the Light Novel, each chapter ends with a status sheet for Eris. Listing things like her ranks for different skills. Her likes/dislikes, etc. For most of the book, Rudy was listed under the Likes category, but as of Chapter 7, which is the first half of Episode 8, a new Love category was inserted with only Rudy in it. So its very much likely that Eris is romantically attracted to Rudy, and being a naïve young girl didn't really know what she was doing or how the situation would turn out.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:40 am Reply with quote
Has anyone in the anime asked him about the car he made and I forgot, or has no one noticed it/wondered what the hell it is?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:59 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Has anyone in the anime asked him about the car he made and I forgot, or has no one noticed it/wondered what the hell it is?

I did wonder about this myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I did wonder about this myself.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that lol.
Poppet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:23 am Reply with quote
I think Eris' mom is just supposed to be a "tsundere" type character? It's character development in 30 seconds of screentime over 3 episodes. The haughty looks are weird if there isn't a real payoff, but I think the primary purpose was to strengthen the weight of the Philip/Rudy conversation in this episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 am Reply with quote
Well, it doesn't have wheels (is he working on wheels and an engine block or was that an unfinished robot warrior to the right of it?) so he could just say it's an idea for a carriage body and he wouldn't even really be lying (for once).
sadoldguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Key, I just want to thank you for your years of comments here in the forums. And to celebrate your great taste in anime as I still have the VHS tapes of Key.
Kibako

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:13 am Reply with quote

The studio did a great job portraying this spoiler[motherf**ker] human god.
BananaNutella

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Kibako wrote:

The studio did a great job portraying this spoiler[motherf**ker] human god.

Goodness, that whole scene felt unsettling. They definitely nailed Hitogami imo.

Enjoyed the episode overall and Ruijerd is great!

I also love seeing Eris swing the sword around towards the end of the episode.

Next week should be interesting!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Just here to say that after all the stuff said in the other thread, being behind I had to skip ahead to the Rape Scene in Ep8. What did I see? No rape, just inappropriate touching and boundary violation after a lot of mixed messages from Eris. Rudy even stopped himself to get clarification and with a vaguely affirmative response he continued. He abjectly apologized afterwards which seemed sincere to me. As he said in his inner monologue, he should have known better than to try something like that but to characterize what was portrayed as full rape seems like a very liberal stretch of the definition.
Telu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Let's goooooooo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 31