• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Manga Has Over 480 Million Copies in Circulation Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's a rather spoiler-heavy cover for anime-only folks or those not up to date in the manga.
otastorian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Wow, that's a rather spoiler-heavy cover for anime-only folks or those not up to date in the manga.
Did they change the article after the fact? It seems pretty spoiler free to me...

Anyways, that's a pretty impressive milestone. The series inches ever closer to the 500 million mark. I wish they'd do the campaign on Twitter or something, I'm not really interested in signing up for Tik Tok just for an anime event.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:41 pm Reply with quote
otastorian wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
Did they change the article after the fact? It seems pretty spoiler free to me...

Yeah, it was the cover of the volume that releases tomorrow(98). Had some character spoilers from where the manga is now.

Thanks for changing it!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:12 pm Reply with quote
It is utterly insane that One Piece is about to overtake Batman as the second-best-selling comic series of all time by units sold, behind only Superman...and those other two have existed for over 75 years with hundreds of authors and artists working on them. And since American comics are sold as single-issue floppies, by sheer volume alone One Piece is far and away ahead of them. I'm not sure if we'll ever see something like this again, and it's been an extreme privilege to experience Oda's storytelling for so many years.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:13 am Reply with quote
The final volume will sell like crazy. 500 million will most likely happen in 2022. As you can see, there is no growth outside of Japan with overseas sales stuck at 80m.
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:13 am Reply with quote
when the manga ends.., hope Oda will rekax after so many years of writing & drawing the manga,.. but stay "script writer" for a continuation of the anime (!)..keep the anime going with his genius, but have less "work" to fo himself
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1