• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: bilibili Suspends Mushoku Tensei Streaming in China Due to 'Technical Failure'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:50 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Another question for clarification, is what contract is bilibili referring too? Is Lex Burner a paid personality of bilibili to some degree? Or is it a normal Terms of Service relationship between the Streamer and the Streaming service? The use of the word "contract" seems to indicate it was an actual contract between the two. Or it could be a translation error.

When you bite the hand that feeds you, it can be quite costly.

Lex-Burner has 9.53 million fans before the incident happens (to backlash his fan count has dropped to 8.2 million before temporary suspension) . By having million fans on their site, Bilibili usually those streamers a "exclusive" contract offer so they would promise only streaming or posting video on their site, instead of on all platforms. The contract, of course, also includes terms that clearly state NOT to conduct anything that would cause harm the company's reputation or financial well-being, thus it was viewed as a breach of contract.

So yes, for having million fans on Bilibili-site, you are seen as a exclusive contractor (not employee, even by USA standards)
Kaylee Smerbeck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I guess the trend of anti Shonen Jump Weekly clickbait posting isn't just limited to Youtube. You would think it would be thanks to the awful ad algorithm
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2