• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Eminence in Shadow Isekai Light Novels Listed With Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:42 pm Reply with quote
With this assassin and muskou finally getting anime what's really left of the more well known isekai? Serei guso also is anbouncer and spider is airing.

Mob in otome world comes to mind and for God's sake give me isekai tendou. But other than those they might have to start with really fringe ones , go non Japanese like fff trash , or reboot sequel with some that had potential and just had poor execution first time around.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Just by the artwork alone, I'm interested in this. Looking forward to the trailer to see how it translates.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:48 am Reply with quote
#900545 wrote:
You know how the whole concept of chuunibyou is that the character is convinced he's involved in some great conspiracy and there's powers and all that, but then everyone around knows that it's all not real?

Just for the record, this is absolutely not what chuunibyou means. "Chuunibyou" literally means "second year of middle school sickness" and refers to that certain self-aggrandizing attitude so many teenagers have at that time, when they think they know all the Important Things about the world that the normies and sheeple don't, especially their parents and teachers; or simply when a kid is trying way too hard to be really cool and adult and badass/etc. Basically when a kid thinks they're all that but objectively they're obviously just delusional and full of themselves. This gets increasingly cringey when someone doesn't "grow out" of this and continues being like this as they get older. (See: Osomatsu-san's Karamatsu.)

Obviously this can manifest in various ways, so with otaku you get people who are way too wrapped up in their fandom and start relying on fantasy in real-world situations. But chuunibyou doesn't mean (and has never meant) "delusional kid who thinks he has superpowers".
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:30 am Reply with quote
From part of the manga adaptation it seemed to me as if this has a bunch of great ideas and jokes but is also kind of a mess plot-wise. If so there’d be significant opportunity to improve it in a slightly altered adaptation assuming they were allowed to and had someone capable — the original author might be able to do it himself with the benefit of hindsight.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
With this assassin and muskou finally getting anime what's really left of the more well known isekai? Serei guso also is anbouncer and spider is airing.

Mob in otome world comes to mind and for God's sake give me isekai tendou. But other than those they might have to start with really fringe ones , go non Japanese like fff trash , or reboot sequel with some that had potential and just had poor execution first time around.

the other spider one ia pretty good,.mob is good, there are a bunch of villainess ones, the one with balud and the greekiash ones are also nice, some gate ones, gunota and aimilar... there is a lot of isekai thats at least average compared to the ones already animated.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:32 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Do we need more isekai adaptations? On top of my dream list of manga that I would love to see adapted is Delicious in Dungeon—it’s creative, funny, takes place in a dungeon but doesn’t have an isekai element, and I keep wondering if that’s what’s keeping it from being adapted...
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but on current trends all entertainment will be isekai-based by 2030.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
Sorry, but on current trends all entertainment will be isekai-based by 2030.

Taking a tangent and applying it on long term on current trends, no matter how prominent and no matter what they are, is the stuff that may crush even huge economies let alone entertainment stuff...

Meaning I expect to see a dive in the stuff at some point. And this is coming from someone who loves isekai.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:40 am Reply with quote
2031: World shifts to isekai-based economy.

2032: Society collapses after the global population, excluding a small number of truck drivers, attempts to switch dimensions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2