• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House Anime Also Streaming on Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ampharos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
Excellent news, since I wasn't sure if the other stream was gonna be widely available or easily accessed.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 am Reply with quote
Caught the first episode and liked it. Sumire needs to eat at regular times, though! Looks pretty cute and you can't offend me by having food be an important element.

Ampharos, love your avvi image. What's it from?
Wasureta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote
Looks like from "One Week Friends".
ab2143

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad CR picked it up.
I watched the first episode on the NHK World Japan website. It wasn’t a bad stream but it’s much more convenient to watch it on CR.
lilitu93
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I haven’t watched this in full yet, but I’ve checked out the opening and the first few minutes on both NHK World and Crunchyroll, and the version on Crunchyroll is fully in Japanese including the credits and the narrator at the beginning, which were both in English on NHK World. NHK World’s a great channel, but neither their dubbing nor their credit overlays are that great, so I’m glad to get it all in Japanese.

Once I get the chance to watch the full episode, I’ll probably go and watch the 5 minute short documentary related to the show. I think it’s live-action and explaining things in the series, and it should be good, as NHK World’s documentaries usually are.

If you don’t get NHK World on your TV, you can watch it all via the web and various apps. I’ve got it on my iPad and Roku, for instance. I love the channel in general, but they’re just not an anime platform, even if they sometimes have good documentaries about it.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:40 pm Reply with quote
lilitu93 wrote:
I haven’t watched this in full yet, but I’ve checked out the opening and the first few minutes on both NHK World and Crunchyroll, and the version on Crunchyroll is fully in Japanese including the credits and the narrator at the beginning, which were both in English on NHK World. NHK World’s a great channel, but neither their dubbing nor their credit overlays are that great, so I’m glad to get it all in Japanese.

On NHK World (at least the broadcast/cable version), everything but the opening narration was sub rather than dub. And oh, yeah, agreed on their dubs. They suck. (Not the least because they seem to have only 3 or 4 voice actors...)

Quote:
Once I get the chance to watch the full episode, I’ll probably go and watch the 5 minute short documentary related to the show. I think it’s live-action and explaining things in the series, and it should be good, as NHK World’s documentaries usually are.

Yes, it's live action... But it's very basic.

I'll keep recording it on my DVR for the after-show shorts, but it's going to be much more convenient to watch on VRV/streaming. Plus I can get screenies, which I can't get with my DVR.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Wasureta wrote:
Looks like from "One Week Friends".

Thanks! I saw that show when it was first simulcast but don't remember that image.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll has recently added a pile of things:

All purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Cyborg009
Hells
Like the clouds, like the wind
Tetsujin 28 (I think)
Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki
Love Hina Again

Among others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1