• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pokémon Legends: Arceus Game, Pokémon Diamond/Pokémon Pearl Remakes Announced for Switch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny123100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:20 pm Reply with quote
My main concern with Legends is that there is no Pokemon League and that this is taking place before Pokemon Trainers were a thing. So it makes me concerned with how much content they are really going to have in the game, and what the longevity of the game is going to be since battling and all that is a big part of Pokemon games.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 am Reply with quote
Danny123100 wrote:
My main concern with Legends is that there is no Pokemon League and that this is taking place before Pokemon Trainers were a thing. So it makes me concerned with how much content they are really going to have in the game, and what the longevity of the game is going to be since battling and all that is a big part of Pokemon games.

We don't know when exactly the series will take place but it could involve feuding factions which could be cool.
Maybe we'll find out how most of the fire types vanished from Sinnoh. Haha
I'm wondering how we're supposed to store Pokemon without a PC or heal without a Pokemon Center? Will we have to rely solely on healing items? Perhaps we'll have to gather ingrediants to brew out own potions.
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:43 am Reply with quote
The remakes have consistently been some of the best games in the franchise so I am quite excited for BD & SP. I'm ok with the Chibi-style but I wish the overworld didn't look quite so flat. I'm playing Bravely Default II right now so I have seen just how good you can make the chibi-style look if you do something more with the backgrounds and the lighting.

Legends is easily the most hype announcement of all though. It looks like something genuinely new without being a complete spinoff that doesn't adhere to any of the traditional gameplay elements.
Adv193

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Hope like with HGSS and ORAS they can included the some features that were in the 3rd version game Platinum such as the expanded Sinnoh Dex would be a wise thing to use.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Horsefellow wrote:

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.[/i]

I mean in the interest of fairness they could've better balanced the post game stuff so that your opponents don't conveniently get critical or one-shot your pokemon on the first or second move or essentially wipe your entire party before you can take out their first pokemon.

That made the Battle Subway in B&W a pain in the ass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2