• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Shiny Objects

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:57 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
-Pokemon: The remakes are welcome and Legends looks interesting, if just because of it going back in time and making it a sort of Edo-era Pokemon. I wonder how much will be different, like how there's no League.

I don't think that's Edo period, though. If they're going to approximate the Sinnoan history to the history of Hokkaido, then they kind of colonization we see in the trailer is closer to Bakumatsu and early Meiji era (late 1800s). This seems to be th case for the games given the kind of the we see in the pokeballs and theclothing style of the protagonists.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 am Reply with quote
Would only get the D/P remakes if they include the Platinum content. Just don't understand why they don't add the content in the third games to the remakes. Just wasted potential. More interested in that Legends game.

As for Japan Studio, terrible lost. I like their games and felt like Sony just waste their potential. Sure, not big sellers, but it helps in their catalog of diverse games.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:43 pm Reply with quote
ThatMoonGuy wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
-Pokemon: The remakes are welcome and Legends looks interesting, if just because of it going back in time and making it a sort of Edo-era Pokemon. I wonder how much will be different, like how there's no League.

I don't think that's Edo period, though. If they're going to approximate the Sinnoan history to the history of Hokkaido, then they kind of colonization we see in the trailer is closer to Bakumatsu and early Meiji era (late 1800s). This seems to be th case for the games given the kind of the we see in the pokeballs and theclothing style of the protagonists.

Colonization got into full swing during the Meiji Era, but the Shogunate and mainland Japan had a presence in Hokkaido for centuries before that.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't know I feel about Japan studio the same way I would if Konami went under. I'd wag my hand in anger and then realize they haven't really done much in a while and even when I saw their names on games it was typically only as a licensor or publisher not a developer .

We had some cool frys near me , but id say my favorite was the Alice in Wonderland .but I loved going there to get anime for sone massive discounts . For any consolation frys actually still exists in its original format. It's a grocery chain owned by Kroger, then electronic shop was merely a spinoff.
Andreaham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:21 am Reply with quote
Tekken is the one I am waiting for for a long time. Sadly, PS doesn't get so many Japanese games like Nintendo does I would enjoy playing them a lot on my PS than on that small console from Nintendo.
And the biggest plus to the console, no matter which one you have is that there are no hackers in games. That's why I left PC gaming. Just look here https://battlelog.co/ and imagine how many games on PC are ruined by frustrated kids that don't want to earn so skill from playing.

Last edited by Andreaham on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Would only get the D/P remakes if they include the Platinum content. Just don't understand why they don't add the content in the third games to the remakes. Just wasted potential

Same reason they're still doing 2 versions instead of just Platinum. Money. And people will buy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2