• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Way of the Househusband Anime's Trailer Reveals 2 Cast Members, April 8 Netflix Global Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Konopan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:22 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

IKR? People would be whining on online if it was animated by MAPPA. Why those people who whining and criticize on MAPPA are (mostly) silent on J.C. Staff?

Because no one expects anything from JC Staff, they're a thoroughly middle of the road studio with very few ambitious projects in the last 15 years
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:35 am Reply with quote
Quite disappointed but I will still be watching it
Raven.In.Pink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:29 am Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:

Because no one expects anything from JC Staff, they're a thoroughly middle of the road studio with very few ambitious projects in the last 15 years

Middle of the road seems right. They’ve done a lot of anime, but all their adaptations come off like they’re playing things “safe.” At best. No need to achieve more than getting all the basics.

But there’s playing it safe, and then there’s...This.

It just feels so half hearted. The manga and live action are both hilarious and charming!

Of course, there are anime with limited animation that work (TRIGGER is the master of that imo) but usually you can tell that it’s an artistic choice and meant to contribute to the comedy. This doesn’t look intentional at all and honestly, limited animation doesn’t do the humor justice!
MisaoFan
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:02 am Reply with quote
Abraham Omosun wrote:
Just checked J.C staff's production list. They have 5 series that are all starting in the same season (and the same month April) and this is excluding this show. Some studios are not going to release 5 shows in one year, not to talk about starting in the same month. This is just crazy, have to wonder how things like this happen (probably the usual "studio has to accept anything to make money" that is depressingly common in anime).

I was really excited for this show, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Remember how diomedéa animated 4 shows at once in January 2015 and in this season Liden Films are animating four shows at once as well?
TheBeron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:48 am Reply with quote
Abraham Omosun wrote:
Just checked J.C staff's production list. They have 5 series that are all starting in the same season (and the same month April) and this is excluding this show.

I was checking aniSearch and MAL, but both state 3 series starting in April:

-Edens Zero
-Blue Reflection Ray
-Combatants Will Be Dispatched!

in addition there is the Danmachi III OVA and the Aria the Crepuscolo movie.

Did I miss any other titles?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 am Reply with quote
TheBeron wrote:
Abraham Omosun wrote:
Just checked J.C staff's production list. They have 5 series that are all starting in the same season (and the same month April) and this is excluding this show.

I was checking aniSearch and MAL, but both state 3 series starting in April:

-Edens Zero
-Blue Reflection Ray
-Combatants Will Be Dispatched!

in addition there is the Danmachi III OVA and the Aria the Crepuscolo movie.

Did I miss any other titles?

Mewkledreamy Mix
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:36 am Reply with quote
When my bestie sent me a link to this PV with nothing but "I'm so sorry" I knew it was gonna be... uh... something to behold. I feel like the better the manga artwork, the worse the animated adaptation will look. Now I'm worried about my precious Rose King anime...
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:46 am Reply with quote
MisaoFan wrote:
Abraham Omosun wrote:
Just checked J.C staff's production list. They have 5 series that are all starting in the same season (and the same month April) and this is excluding this show. Some studios are not going to release 5 shows in one year, not to talk about starting in the same month. This is just crazy, have to wonder how things like this happen (probably the usual "studio has to accept anything to make money" that is depressingly common in anime).

I was really excited for this show, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Remember how diomedéa animated 4 shows at once in January 2015 and in this season Liden Films are animating four shows at once as well?

Not to mention, ClowerWorks animating 3 shows at once two months ago: Wonder Egg Priority, Horimiya and The Promised Neverland (crappy) S2.

And TMS will animating 4 shows at once next month if I heard correctly: Fruits Basket Final Season, Burning Kabaddi, Baki S2 and Megalo Box S2.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote
it has been a while sine i watched a flash anime, i think it was haiyoru nyaru ani.
Austawrence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am Reply with quote
Telu wrote:
This looks like Queen bee's hentai style xd.

I had the same reaction Very HappyD
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 am Reply with quote
Even with the animation in this PV, J.C. Staff is still one of my favorite studios in Japan since they animated some really good shows(Food Wars, Raildex series, One Punch Man S2 etc).
zero-r

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:32 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Not to mention, ClowerWorks animating 3 shows at once two months ago: Wonder Egg Priority, Horimiya and The Promised Neverland (crappy) S2.

Neverland S2 was a Noitamina Fall 2020 show that was moved to Winter 2021 because the pandemic (on-going crisis).... it wasn't meant to air during this Winter. Because of this you can see this Winter there are two Noitamina shows (which isn't usually the norm): Neverland S2 and 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu.

Here is the reality some of you aren't taking into account... lots of shows some of these studios were working on had to move to different dates/seasons because of the on-going crisis, like the example above... Shows that were coming Fall 2020 are coming Winter 2021, etc...
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote
zero-r wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Neverland S2 was a Noitamina Fall 2020 show that was moved to Winter 2021 because the pandemic (on-going crisis).... it wasn't meant to air during this Winter. Because of this you can see this Winter there are two Noitamina shows (which isn't usually the norm): Neverland S2 and 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu.

Here is the reality some of you aren't taking into account... lots of shows some of these studios were working on had to move to different dates/seasons because of the on-going crisis, like the example above... Shows that were coming Fall 2020 are coming Winter 2021, etc...

Means really nothing when Promised Neverland still had production issues (recap after Episode 5), and is now happening to Wonder Egg Priority.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Netflix will get the rights to the JP live action that aired already. I know there are fansubs but I would prefer to watch legally. I'm honestly more interested in that than this mess of an "anime".
Charou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Well as far as TsudaKen voicework goes, it's no phonebook, but I'll take it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3