Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody' Novels Have Anime in the Works




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Psajdak



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 322
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
Girls seem like a good material for hentai fanart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 1156
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:09 am Reply with quote
This seems like a more casual Misfit of Demon Lord Academy. The Heroines even remind me of Sasha and Misha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 954
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:17 am Reply with quote
Is there some kinda of Kadokawa convention going on, with all these announcements back to back?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonny Mendes



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 965
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Is there some kinda of Kadokawa convention going on, with all these announcements back to back?


Yes, the "Kadokawa Light Novel Expo". It takes place from March 6th, 2021 to March 31st, 2021.

So they will use this event to also make announcements of what LNs will get anime adaptations in the near future.

And Kadokawa budget for anime adaptations is one of the biggest in the case of manga/LN publishers so there will be a good number of Kadokawa anime adaptations announcements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vizo



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 124
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:
Is there some kinda of Kadokawa convention going on, with all these announcements back to back?


Yes, the "Kadokawa Light Novel Expo". It takes place from March 6th, 2021 to March 31st, 2021.

So they will use this event to also make announcements of what LNs will get anime adaptations in the near future.

And Kadokawa budget for anime adaptations is one of the biggest in the case of manga/LN publishers so there will be a good number of Kadokawa anime adaptations announcements.

Fantasies and Isekai have truly become gotos for light novel authors. At least having a demon lord reborn as typical nobody, explains his typical appearance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryten



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 230
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:56 pm Reply with quote
For people familiar with the title Im curious how ecchi is it? The cover art seems to suggest how not to summon a demon lord level of outfit design but does it also follow thats ones level on actual content? And art can always be far more suggestive than actual content at times. Does the Humour, Story and Character work hold up? Or is it on the fluffy side?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shay Guy



Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 1255
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:19 pm Reply with quote
It looks like this started as a webnovel? ANN announcements have generally made a note of that.

(Also, "launched the novel series in 2017 with illustrations by Sao Mizuno" suggests that's for the LN release, but the earliest release date I can find on Amazon.co.jp is May 19, 2018 -- is that right?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2440
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
(Also, "launched the novel series in 2017 with illustrations by Sao Mizuno" suggests that's for the LN release, but the earliest release date I can find on Amazon.co.jp is May 19, 2018 -- is that right?)

The article is a bit wrong there/lacking in info, the webnovel started in 2017 but of course that one doesn't have illustrations, the light novel was launched in May 2018 as you said and that one does.
The syosetu site confirms the start date of the webnovel and the Japanese Wikipedia entry has the ISBN codes and dates for the light novel volumes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melicans



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 437
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I love this series. Can't wait to see it animated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group