• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is High-Rise Invasion Any Good?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MesousaGaby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Let's see...most of the main cast (and some of the villains) are likeable, check.
It's bloody good fun, check.
It's unashamed about it's sexyness, check.
It has some weird moments of dark humor and light humor, check.
Has a dark asthetic, but it's quiky about it, check.

This honestly is incredibly similar to Dorohedoro that I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't find this shlock at all, it's oddly charming because the whole show feels tongue-in-cheek,and hey, you just wanna root to Yuri, Mayu and her weird cast of friends at the end.

My only weak point is that it does try a little too hard on the mystery regarding Rika and Sniper Mask's former friendship to the point that it kinda got a little meh, especially when the ending theme kinda spoils it. Not to mention that you can tell the show had quite a restrictive budget since the studio's only other known show is...Tsugumomo, which no doubt is a thrashier show than this cause it does diaper fetishes.

But yeah, Netflix better gives this a second season. I mean, I could read ahead in the manga, but...man, this just better not take two years and not suck like B The Beginning's second season is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2