• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Pretty Cure Anime in Europe, Middle East, North Africa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I wonder if this means they'll finally get rid of those awful VHS-quality videos and subs and get remastered footage, along with cleaner subs?
GeorgH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Awesome! I wonder if this means they'll finally get rid of those awful VHS-quality videos and subs and get remastered footage, along with cleaner subs?

Yes, yes, yes and yes!
and audio quality was also improved Smile
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:38 pm Reply with quote
That's good. Here's hoping the new higher quality version comes to America soon as well.
GeorgH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
The higher quality version is also avaiable in the US
(foreign language subs may be limited to selected territories)
halo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

I just spot checked the first episode and it does look a little better. Not great, but at least better than what I remember. It's more like a halfway decent DVD. I don't see and composite video artifacts and the subs are now CR's standard.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this builds into getting more of the franchise officially licensed and subtitled.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll Streams Pretty Cure Anime in Europe, Middle East, North Africa

Just curious, but do those bolded regions get clean streams of anime, or is it edited for content. There is probably no clear cut answer, since each nation probably does things differently.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Can Crunchyroll get Toei to release this show's dub like they did with World Trigger? It's sad to think that without people recording its TV run, that would just be forgotten.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Crunchyroll US is also getting the improved release as the original streams was near impossible to watch. If you want to compare the quality, Tubi is still streaming the original subbed release. I'm hoping this will lead to Crunchyroll streaming Max Heart next as that never had an official licensed release.
Borderite92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Toei had presented Splash Star and Yes! Precure 5 for English syndication sometime ago as seen on YouTube videos.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:51 am Reply with quote
Apparently the show is still blocked in the rest of Toei USA's territories (Australia, New Zealand & Latin America) so here's hoping that changes soon.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm glad to see Crunchyroll US is also getting the improved release as the original streams was near impossible to watch.

Not too surprising since the same happened with Air Master last Summer but regardless, it's about time they fixed this.

Quote:
I'm hoping this will lead to Crunchyroll streaming Max Heart next as that never had an official licensed release.

Especially since Crunchyroll still has the show streaming on ADN in France along with Maho Girls/Witchy.

Primus wrote:
Can Crunchyroll get Toei to release this show's dub like they did with World Trigger? It's sad to think that without people recording its TV run, that would just be forgotten.

This so much, though I do wonder if that would require getting video rights like they did with World Trigger when they got that dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1