Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Manga Gets Anime Starring Ai Fairouz


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
paulchaested



Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 127
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:02 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Please let Viz handle the dub and not Netflix, if they can do the Jujutsu Kaisen and Yashahime approach by dubbing the episodes a month after they air in Japan, it will be very nice and please let Kira Buckland voice Jolyne in the dub


JJK is CR’s license not Viz’s and CR is the one who dubbed it not Viz. CR simply sublicensed the home video rights to Viz.

But to answer your question Viz will undoubtedly make it a priority to license this over Netflix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 8070
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:10 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I wonder what the end theme(s) will be?



Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Wink


I was thinking "Just a Girl" by No Doubt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
wjbraden



Joined: 23 Apr 2020
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:19 am Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Please let Viz handle the dub and not Netflix, if they can do the Jujutsu Kaisen and Yashahime approach by dubbing the episodes a month after they air in Japan, it will be very nice and please let Kira Buckland voice Jolyne in the dub


JJK is CR’s license not Viz’s and CR is the one who dubbed it not Viz. CR simply sublicensed the home video rights to Viz.

But to answer your question Viz will undoubtedly make it a priority to license this over Netflix.


On that subject, I think Yashahime's simuldub was a special case of Japan wanting to do a worldwide rollout, considering it's been the only time Viz has ever done a simuldub (and also because other regions got simuldubs for it that don't usually do them). Another reason I don't see Viz breaking form to do one for Jojo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iBoofedBugenhagen



Joined: 04 Apr 2021
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 am Reply with quote
Let's gooooo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JoelBurger



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wonderful, I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen.


Legit question: why would anyone actually think this? It's the sixth part of a massive money-making franchise. Why would anyone think its production would be up in the air? Like people were legitimately trying to do hash-tag campaigns, as though this is some obscure anime that needs their help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getumbuck



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:43 pm Reply with quote
You know, I just realized that some things might have to be censored even in the Japanese version, spoiler[ Mickey Mouse and Bruce Wills in particular. ]

I guess they can get away with the latter by not mentioning him by name and just have Jolyne say spoiler[ "I saw this movie, he was dead the whole time",] but no way will they get away with the former.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SP654



Joined: 07 Apr 2020
Posts: 41
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Now if only we knew the release date
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4113
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:57 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wonderful, I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen.


Legit question: why would anyone actually think this? It's the sixth part of a massive money-making franchise. Why would anyone think its production would be up in the air?
No need to take it so seriously, it was mostly hyperbole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
JoelBurger



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:37 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
No need to take it so seriously, it was mostly hyperbole.


The fact that any of it was genuine, not just from you but apparently a startlingly large number of people, is why I brought it up. Nobody should be asking "does one of the biggest Japanese multimedia franchises need our help to get its umpteenth sequel going?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Hermano



Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 394
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
You know, I just realized that some things might have to be censored even in the Japanese version, spoiler[ Mickey Mouse and Bruce Wills in particular. ]

I guess they can get away with the latter by not mentioning him by name and just have Jolyne say spoiler[ "I saw this movie, he was dead the whole time",] but no way will they get away with the former.


I don't see why they'd censor the actor. They name drop and even show real famous people in anime all the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 955
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Netflix officially is no longer streaming Jojo anymore in the US other than Rohan, and I don't see it coming back in the coming soon tab. Really hope Viz will find a permanent place to stream the Jojo dub in NA. Right now only the first season dub is streaming on Hulu, as Netflix had exclusive streaming to Stardust Crusaders dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InuNaruPokeAlchemist



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 318
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna enjoy all the JoBros making predictions on what ending songs will be used for this part. I don't know much about Part 6 aside from Jolyne being Jotaro's daughter. Been looking forward to this. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 1160
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I have to say Ai Fairouz has really come far very quickly in her career, especially as someone who is half-Japanese. She and Sarah Emi Bridcutt are probably the most prominent half-Japanese seiyuu at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Geo



Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1899
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I wonder what the end theme(s) will be?



Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Wink


I was thinking "Just a Girl" by No Doubt.


I'm personally going with the "song that came out during the time of the manga that Araki likely listened to while doing the manga" direction and picking "Party Up" by DMX. It came out in mid-2000, not long after the manga debuted, and has a feel to it that would match the whole prison environment most of Stone Ocean takes place in; the music video is even about DMX being falsely accused of a crime, just like Jolyne. In fact, it even has some lyrics that accidentally match some stuff from this Part, like "But I'm not him, aight, Slim? So watch what you do" fitting well with Jolyne & Jotaro, or even "Preacher tellin' the truth and it hurts" fitting well with Pucci.

I mean, after "Freakin' You" was used for Golden Wind, I think almost anything is possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
getumbuck



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:14 pm Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
getumbuck wrote:
You know, I just realized that some things might have to be censored even in the Japanese version, spoiler[ Mickey Mouse and Bruce Wills in particular. ]

I guess they can get away with the latter by not mentioning him by name and just have Jolyne say spoiler[ "I saw this movie, he was dead the whole time",] but no way will they get away with the former.


I don't see why they'd censor the actor. They name drop and even show real famous people in anime all the time.


I think they actually show him on a tv.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group