• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream 86, Backflip!!, Cestvs, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I don't think this is at all on the same situation as Misfit of Demon Academy. The latter show is a full-fledged Aniplex of America show with an AoA-owned website (https://demonkingacademy-anime.com/), shows up on their list (https://aniplexusa.com/shows/), and is the usual AoA English-only country regions (plus the CR pages attributes them as the publisher).

I think this is on the same situation as Darling in the Franxx, where CR literally outbid Aniplex of America and so got worldwide minus Asia rights. 86 is nowhere to be found on AoA's website or their twitter. Which is good as it has a decent chance of being dubbed, is available worldwide minus Asia, and may eventually be put on affordable home video by Viz (or Funi if the buyout happens within the next 12 months).

I don't know if it'll exactly be the same but I'm still expecting a dub on Crunchyroll within a month or two after it premiers (like with Misfit).
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Wait I'm confused, how did Roman Fighter get on CR when it was confirmed Netflix got it?
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:39 pm Reply with quote
camseyeview140 wrote:
Wait I'm confused, how did Roman Fighter get on CR when it was confirmed Netflix got it?

It was never confirmed for Netflix. I mostly heard people saying it looked like something that would go on Netflix because of the animation style.[/i]
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
camseyeview140 wrote:

It was never confirmed for Netflix. I mostly heard people saying it looked like something that would go on Netflix because of the animation style.[/i]

Well also that it's part of the +Ultra TV block on Fuji TV which, since its inception in late 2018, has had some sort of working exclusivity deal with Netflix, including last season with season 2 of Beastars. But if this is a sign that deal is over, I'll certainly be happy.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
camseyeview140 wrote:

Well also that it's part of the +Ultra TV block on Fuji TV which, since its inception in late 2018, has had some sort of working exclusivity deal with Netflix, including last season with season 2 of Beastars. But if this is a sign that deal is over, I'll certainly be happy.

That's what I thought with the +Ultra TV Block deal and such. Not because of the art direction, but of some deal, so that's weird it's not heading to Netflix to me. I guess I should try to remember where I heard it was going to Netflix as well...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2