• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime Releases on Netflix Outside Japan this Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beareee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:09 am Reply with quote
Not waiting to watch this or Shaman King. Good luck to Netflix and those who wait. I like the weekly forward so will find another way.
Tiago97

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
Actually, I think the overwhelming majority of fans want to watch something as it airs in Japan. This Netflix Jail trend is getting annoying.

And yet the fact they haven’t dropped feels like it’s just the hardcore base talking about while the rest don’t mind as long as they get it.

People will probably wait for Netflix to release the series if it isn't available anywhere legally. But I think we'd rather just watch them weekly, or at least be given the opportunity to.

I don't know how it is in the USA, but here in Europe some tv shows do release weekly on Netflix. I don't know why there's this stupid resistance from Netflix to do it with anime as well, when anime watchers have a more significant culture of watching weekly and discussing the episode than, say, Supergirl watchers.
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope Netflix can give Funimation a chance to obtain the license for dubbing production and for home video.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2