• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yoshiyuki Tomino Aims High: "My Next Work Will Crush Demon Slayer and Evangelion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eigengrau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:28 pm Reply with quote
But he already made the series that was supposed to crush Evangelion. That was Brain Powerd.
Madzack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Eigengrau wrote:
But he already made the series that was supposed to crush Evangelion. That was Brain Powerd.

Carp, I was about to bring up Brain Powerd too. It was his attempt to out-EVA Evangelion.

Which is funny considering Ideon was what influenced Evangelion in the first place.

It's a weird circlejerk of influences.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Madzack wrote:
Carp, I was about to bring up Brain Powerd too. It was his attempt to out-EVA Evangelion.

It actually wasn't, Brain Powerd was well into production before Evangelion even started airing. And Tomino has said Brain Powerd would have been very different had he watched Eva before making it.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
Tomino has said a few times that he'd like to work on a Crossbones Gundam series, or at the very least Sunrise should make one with or without his help. Hoping that will be his next (and possibly final?) project.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested, no matter what it is.
The Bandsaw Vigilante

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Same here. No matter how weird he gets, it's still something of an absolute miracle that we still have this guy being more creative than half of his contemporary younger peers at the ripe age of 80. And sign my ass up for a Tomino-directed Crossbone Gundam anime adaptation, too.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:37 pm Reply with quote
This kind of reminds me of the tagline of The Wings of Rean that said "Watch out, Hollywood! This is real entertainment!" It was kind of cringey to begin with, then I watched the show and well. Very Happy

Still, I wonder what he's cooking. It's bound to be interesting, in one way or another.
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am Reply with quote
Hathaway movie is still many miles under Eva 3.0 for revenue so tough for the future installments to beat it.. We will have to see how the SEED movie performs because SEED disc sales have always been really high.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2