• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams 4th, Final Season's of Castlevania Animated Show on May 13 With Eyes on Possib

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

The central concept of the franchise is following generations of this family as they battle the undead, particularly Dracula who gets revived by forces seeking to use his power or bring about the end of the world. Logically, a follow up would involve one of those later generations...and wouldn't involve Warren Ellis.

Order of Eccelsia and Lord of Shadows not withstanding?

That’s why I said central. I didn’t even touch the whole Morris clan thing, or the idea that Elizabeth Bathroy, the infamous Blood Countess, apparently arranged for the assassination of Archduke Ferdnidad, or that Quincy Morris from Bram Stoker’s novel was apparently retconned into being a loose relative of the Belmonts...
Ruddor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Alright hear me out: Castlevania 1999 about Julius Belmont.
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:01 am Reply with quote
Good to know that they're not dumb enough to continue this series without Warren Ellis writing. Dude is too good, so it'd be unfair to bring in another person to replace his voice.

Best to finish this show strong (hopefully) and start a new show/story, with a new writer. Cool that they're doing a spinoff, but hopefully they try a new franchise in the future; something like either Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or Onimusha.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:

Best to finish this show strong (hopefully) and start a new show/story, with a new writer. Cool that they're doing a spinoff, but hopefully they try a new franchise in the future; something like either Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or Onimusha.

Devil May Cry not only already has an animated series but it’s getting another one.

Don’t see them doing an Onimusha Series at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2