• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Well, both Ameri and Opera have actual pointy ears, so I don't think they're ears. But they also move to express their emotions, so that's not very horn-like, soft or not. I think it's just hair that can be moved, like a cat poofs its fur.

I'll buy it! Smile That makes the most sense now that you've put it that way. We have seen anime characters with both human and animal ears at once (I always think of Hyper Police, but there are others), but it always annoys me. Moveable fur, though, really works.

You've also pretty much convinced me about Ameri's human heritage.
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Now that this is over, did anyone else find it to be a step down from S1? The Evil Iruma arc was great, and some of the new characters were good (particularly Balam) but I found myself laughing quite a bit less at the rest of the show. Asmodeus in particular got pretty repetitive/flanderized to the point where I found basically none of his stuff funny, which is a shame since he was a lot of fun in S1.
q_3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I found S2 to be a significant step up, personally, if only because it avoided the pacing problems that S1 had during the school festival arc. I agree that Asmodeus got the short end of the characterization stick, but the fact that he got called out on his stagnation by both Kalego and Sabnock makes me think that's intentional and the story is far from done with him.

If Ameri's mom is ever revealed to be human I hope she's an incredibly tall woman.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I agree, Rebecca. This season felt very short and the days until Season 3 starts will seem like an eternity. Iruma is such a bundle of positive niceness and energy, that half hour of sunshine will be sorely missed. Looking ahead these next couple of seasons, I don't see anything that could fill it's shoes; maybe "The Vampire dies in no time" for that dose of classic monsters coming this Fall or "Ranking of Kings" for rooting for a little guy in the Winter. Whatever the case may be, I need my dose of Iruma to balance my weeks and 2022 can't come soon enough...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8