• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
q_3

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:46 pm Reply with quote
"Are you tired of being nice? Don't you just want to go ape shitt?"
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
About the mysterious student in the OP you mention. He got his own arc way later in the series. His family power spoiler[is that no one notice them, even his classmate don't even know him exist.].

This arc basically kick the series into high gear since after this the focus in Iruma classmate increase. iruma still the center of the story but his classmate have more chance to shine and play off other characters in the series.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Who is that student who keeps fading out of existence and then reappearing on either side of the Misfit Class when they're all in shadow?

His name is Purson, according to the OP, and he's been lurking around since S1E1.

lower left

I really enjoyed seeing the other students get to show off their powers. But Evil Iruma actually is kinda evil with how he's been trifling with the affections of first Clara and now Ameri. I hope that comes back to bite him while he's still evil, since Good Iruma shouldn't have to deal with the fallout (if there is any) of things he wouldn't have even thought to do.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

His name is Purson, according to the OP, and he's been lurking around since S1E1.

Shocked You're right! I was too busy looking at Keroli and forgetting her alter ego's name; I guess I thought SHE was Purson.Embarassed

Quote:
really enjoyed seeing the other students get to show off their powers.

Me too! Allocer and Elizabetta were especially nice, since they're usually just sort of there.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I though Sabnock just being responsible and apologizing to the teacher for attacking him with a battle-axe was very cute. Irumas selfie with grandpa and Opera was also cute
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:48 pm Reply with quote
The interesting thing to me about looking back at that first ep is that most of the Misfits were already gravitating together from their first day. Of course that wasn't their first day of school, so they could all be childhood friends or something. But it could be Misfit Magnetism at work too!

I also feel like someone mentioned Purson before, because I remember thinking it was odd since it sounded like "person." But I can't find it, and I might've dreamed it up or heard it in another anime, since I guess Purson is an actual (for some values of "actual") Great King of Hell (and a band).
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
I certainly didn't notice Purson by this point in the manga (even though, as Gina points out, he's definitely been around the entire time), so good eye, Rebecca!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:18 am Reply with quote
Since Rebecca brought Purson to my attention, I've started compulsively trying to find him, like playing "Where's Anubis?" in Kamigami no Asobi. Very Happy He was awol during all of Ep. 8, until the very last group pic.

Also I've only just today realized that the Misfit Class has 13 members, because of course it does.
Rrrrr!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:24 pm Reply with quote
OOOOOOOOOO BEST BIRB'S VA ANNOUNCED (Yes, I am fangirling)
twitter
https://twitter.com/osamun24/status/1401079014639292418
NHK article - beware of the tiny spoiler
https://www6.nhk.or.jp/anime/topics/detail.html?i=10366

Just look at this boi
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...we also finally see Purson show up in the story, right there at the very end of the episode: he's included on the right in the class picture. Since previously I haven't noticed him anywhere but the opening and ending themes, this may indicate where the story is going next.

He's been around. He has appeared in Ep. 1, 6, 7, and 8 this season. The ones he didn't appear in, well, neither did most of the other Misfits. But I think he's been there all along, just invisible, like the way he fades out in the ED and shows up elsewhere. Like in Ep. 6, when the whole class was confronting Kalego, he only appeared once, standing between Keroli and Camui, but vanished in the next shot. And unsurprisingly, Iruma has noticed he's a classmate, since he included him in his fantasy about them all playing around on the big statue in the Royal One.

What I still want to know after this episode is what did Jazz steal from Kalego at the grand opening? Twisted Evil
Violet Park

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Rrrrr! wrote:
OOOOOOOOOO BEST BIRB'S VA ANNOUNCED (Yes, I am fangirling)
twitter
https://twitter.com/osamun24/status/1401079014639292418
NHK article - beware of the tiny spoiler
https://www6.nhk.or.jp/anime/topics/detail.html?i=10366

Just look at this boi

I hope he gets all the love he deserves, he is best birb, best boy, and best everything. [/spoiler]
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

He's been around.

You're right! Shocked I think I've been confusing him with Keroli if I don't look closely enough - that hair and those horns are some great misdirection.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Both Clara and Asmodeus are at their best in this episode, especially Azz as he takes it upon himself to try to make studying fun and productive for someone who consistently scores lower than Clara on quizzes.

ahh I loved the quiz part. I especially enjoyed seeing the demon version of 'who wants to be a millionaire?' and I think Takeshi's Castle(?)

I also found Balam-sensei to be a bit unhinged. Based on comments from manga readers, it seems like he's going to be a great character?
Merxamers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, Clara and Az glomping onto Iruma is the friendship dynamic they have, and it makes me smile to see it. Obviously in this case, it's because of "evil-phase Iruma," but it's heartwarming to see friends care about each other like that.

Have also been noticing (mostly in episode 8) that in the classmate reaction panning shots, they almost always cut the massive Sabnoc out of frame above his pectorals, lol. Thought it was a pretty funny background joke.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:19 am Reply with quote
Ameri giving Schenell to Iruma's battler is actually she helping Iruma. Remember that a battler can only stay open if they have at least one third year student which Schenell happen to be. So she found a place for Schenell to use his skills while help Iruma's battler stay open.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8