• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Clara's hairstyle was really cute in this episode.

I hope the stuff with Amy is better than the first season. The battler arc's pacing was really slow.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they played "Spot the car" on the way to Walter Park Wink
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 am Reply with quote
You have no idea how ridiculously excited I am that other people remember Happy World Land. Very Happy
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 am Reply with quote
I find the series world building very interesting. The Devil Cycle where demons lost all of their restraint and completely focus in archives what they want, the new system created by the previous Demon King to help the demons vent that excessive energy and the group that want the demon to return back to their old way.
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
KarlFranz wrote:
I find the series world building very interesting. The Devil Cycle where demons lost all of their restraint and completely focus in archives what they want, the new system created by the previous Demon King to help the demons vent that excessive energy and the group that want the demon to return back to their old way.

I like that aspect of the series. But what I really like is how the descriptions of Solomons 72 demons relate to the designs and abilities of their namesake in the show.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Another great episode, though I hope we see something more original happen with Shiida then can be expected. So far I feel like we've seen this character and their arc plenty of times before.

Quote:
I even kind of love the way Ronove just stands there gyrating his pelvis for no reason all the time

I love background gags like this, so this had me cracking up
ab2143

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the minor characters get the spotlight. Imagine if Purson comes in and ends up saving everyone lol
I really want to see him
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I also enjoyed seeing Ameri and Opera fighting together. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see much of Opera in the fight… I wanted to see their bloodline ability in action
Duck Du Normandie
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the minor characters get the spotlight. Imagine if Purson comes in and ends up saving everyone lol
I really want to see him

If I remember correctly, Purson spoiler[doesn't really get time in the spotlight until after the next major arc, the Harvest Festival. So I wouldn't think until Season 3. Unless Season 2 has another 12-24 episodes in it.] But I might be remembering the order of the story arcs wrong.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What, Ronove didn't really think that through? Yeah, that's what he's realizing now, too.

Oh look, something his voice actor has in common with.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:42 am Reply with quote
That was a great episode! The previews give it away, but I've been waiting for the last two weeks for Iruma, or more precisely, Alicred, to step up and start happily consuming all that mana the beasts were spewing all over the place. But they played it out very nicely, with everyone present getting their chance to shine.

I guess the only question now is whether he can do it covertly somehow or come up with a good excuse, or if the cat will well and truly be out of the bag.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Duck Du Normandie wrote:
ab2143 wrote:
I really want to see him

If I remember correctly, Purson spoiler[doesn't really get time in the spotlight until after the next major arc, the Harvest Festival. So I wouldn't think until Season 3. Unless Season 2 has another 12-24 episodes in it.] But I might be remembering the order of the story arcs wrong.

I'd estimate it's probably more of the 4th season before Purson will get featured. spoiler[We still have to do the Master training arc and the (rather lengthy) Harvest Festival, which I think will take up all of Season 3. Then Season 4 could be the Music Festival and maybe up to The Dance?]
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Aww, the Ameri and Iruma scene was really cute.

Sullivan continues to be the best doting grandfather despite making poor Iruma stand out even more.

I'm personally not looking forward to more Kiriwo. I didn't really care for him in the first season

This week's sukima was cute. I like Balam and Kalego's interactions.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Somehow it's very fitting that the Demon World should also have Golden Corral buffets, where children play under chocolate wonderfalls.

Quote:
the fact that even standing on a box, Iruma still only comes up to Ameri's chest

I noticed that too. lol

I forgot that only Iruma can see Alicred. I wonder if Sullivan could see him if he put on the ring? I guess I'm thinking Alicred might very well be a manifestation of Iruma himself, which in turn makes me wonder if Iruma actually is fully human or not. Like, I could see some demon selling him off to his human parents, or conversely, it would explain a lot if Iruma's parents were actually demons living in the human world. They have that self-centered indifference to their son we just saw the masses of regular demons display towards others.

Can't wait for Clara's house party!
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:58 am Reply with quote
I love how Legendaddy (ha!) is basically just Ronove with an awesome mustache Laughing

The scene on the roof was great, both for the content and visuals. Though it was a bit amusing when you first see Iruma and there just happens to be a box (and only 1 box on the entire roof) for him to stand on.

Those half coats were very stupid. At first I just thought they looked off when the others were standing around, but then he puts on one sleeve and it hits you that there is no other sleeve...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8