• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fairy Ranmaru

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I really loved this series, especially the finale. Strong Pretty Cure vibes from that ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Fairy Ranmaru a lot, it was always one of the highlights of my week. I think a lot more could be done with the characters but well I can’t imagine it pulled amazing ratings.
A2chiya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The lady stuck selling eel supplements was also giving away these weird pots. The pots show up again on the back of the manga magazine in episode seven and are called "Tubo-tan" and are from a ...puzzle game?

Those weird pots are octopus traps. "Tubo" is a mis-romanization of "tsubo" (Japanese does not use a "tu" phonetic.) The evil octopus that attacks Uruu in episode 3 emerges from a tsubo. BTW, "Tako to Ama" (Diving Girl and Octopus, more commonly known as Dream of a Fisherman's Wife) is also a Hokusai print. Cool

Tsubo-tan is a pun that parodies acupuncture point (tsubo) therapy (tan), https://www.amazon.co.jp/ツボ単/s?k=ツボ単
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3