Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Anime's 'Part II' Sequel Premieres in Fall




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lycosyncer



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 526
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am Reply with quote
Well, at least we won't have to wait very long until we see what happens next with this series until when My Hero Academia season 5 wraps up and lets face it, spoiler[no way is Setsuna going to stay dead for long.]

Anyways, after how horribly paced the first season was and how much it surprisingly had a lot of filler, can this new season be an improvement at least and not to mention, quit diverting away from parts that fans want to see and not waste time on filler? We can only hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SP654



Joined: 07 Apr 2020
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:28 am Reply with quote
Say what!!! And here I thought it was gonna air in fall 2022,lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 602
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Well, at least we won't have to wait very long until we see what happens next with this series until when My Hero Academia season 5 wraps up and lets face it, spoiler[no way is Setsuna going to stay dead for long.]

Anyways, after how horribly paced the first season was and how much it surprisingly had a lot of filler, can this new season be an improvement at least and not to mention, quit diverting away from parts that fans want to see and not waste time on filler? We can only hope.
how can a original anime (no source material) have a filler? Contradiction .

I'm looking forward to s2. S1 had good moments and some bad ones but overall it was entertaining enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Themaster20000



Joined: 05 Aug 2014
Posts: 793
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Please don't subject James to any more of this! The man suffered enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Minos_Kurumada



Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 415
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
The main problem the series had was the lack of a proper goal.

Since S2 will have one then the thing may improve, besides, this time there will be no other option but grant Moroha more camera and that can only be good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 779
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:09 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
how can a original anime (no source material) have a filler? Contradiction .


You don't need source material to have filler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 602
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:52 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
how can a original anime (no source material) have a filler? Contradiction .


You don't need source material to have filler.

Enlighten me what makes something a filler then and what not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAL14



Joined: 01 Apr 2018
Posts: 346
Location: Heart of africa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
how can a original anime (no source material) have a filler? Contradiction .


You don't need source material to have filler.

Enlighten me what makes something a filler then and what not?


I don't want to get too much into this since I dropped this show less than halfway, but filler =/= original content in an adaptation. That is just how anime communities have often (mis)used the term. Filler is a meaningless episode in an arc-based show. Emphasis on arc-based. Comedies and SoL don't really have filler even if there are arcs in those shows, and filler can be good if done well. But pointless episodes that do not advance or develop the plot, characters, or setting stand out more in Action/Adventure shows like Yasahime. Of the few episodes that I watched I would point out that cat episode as being an example of bad filler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 779
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:12 pm Reply with quote
^Bingo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fluwm



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 474
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:20 am Reply with quote
Generally speaking, in this context, it's not filler, but padding. In (most) other contexts, they're synonyms, but in the anime community "filler" has been used (for decades) to refer to anime-original content in adaptations.

Anyway, I can't imagine any new season improving much on the first. Many of the problems with the show were baked into its premise, after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tintor2



Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 810
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:31 am Reply with quote
It's kinda like what happened to the Star Wars sequels. They removed every old character magically and replaced them them with carbon copies. Setsuna and Moroha's stuff has been repeated as heck while Moroha is pretty much Yamcha despite being the most entertaining character from the trio. Even the whole idea of bonds is completed discarded when Moroha tells the sisters her past but Setsuna doesn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group