• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica Gets New Anime Film as Sequel to 2013 Rebellion Film

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 am Reply with quote
Oh Boy more pain.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:54 am Reply with quote
I knew it and quite a few people suspected as much. That madoka would get a sequel to rebellion at some point and the anniversary event was the most likely candidate it would get announced.

I can't wait to finally see what happens next.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:56 am Reply with quote
I was pretty content with the ending definitely have some mixed feelings about this.
Florete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:56 am Reply with quote
They've been teasing us for so long that without any kind of date I can't bring myself to get very excited.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:01 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I was pretty content with the ending definitely have some mixed feelings about this.

Rebellion pretty much undid everything in the original television series, so a sequel (with Urobuchi returning!) will hopefully resolve everything again.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:33 am Reply with quote
Rebellion was really something, but it was great. With the original staff accounted for, I'm on board for whatever this is, even if it unravels everything even further (somehow).
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:04 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I admit to having had mixed feelings for Rebellion at first especially as an ending, but it still grew on me as a great film upon each viewing. Even so, a part of me felt it would have made an even more intriguing prologue to where else the story could go--and now we're finally getting it! It may hurt more, but if it's by most of the same people, I'm open to it!

Now if only we can get any news on Season 2 of Magia Record, just to finally have that story completed.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:17 am Reply with quote
Hopefully either LiSA or Aimer does new music for the film. Don’t get me wrong, I like ClariS, their music is just more fitting for romantic comedies in my opinion. LiSA especially is much more fitting for dark anime.
MagicianMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 am Reply with quote
I also had mixed feelings about Rebellion pealing the original story's satisfying ending back open, but it was still a great movie and I had made peace with the fact that we weren't getting another production from the original team.

I'm cautiously hopeful for a proper resolution to the story this time, but if this movie ends on another cliffhanger I'm done with the franchise.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:58 am Reply with quote
Sayaka should be main lead, and she should cut Homura in pieces.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:44 am Reply with quote
Well, the whole thing is about suffering, so you can bet that things will be worse off for the characters once it's over.
YuriAoi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 am Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I can´t! I´ve been waiting for this ever since I was but a angsty teenager! Anime hyper Now I´m an angsty young adult! It´s been SO long! I can´t waaaaiiiit! Oh my gosh, yes! Very Happy
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:54 am Reply with quote
About F***ing time!

No but really I'm very excited for this, when I saw that there was the 10th anniversary yesterday I was thinking when are they gonna start working on that sequel.

The original TV series had an amazing conclusion but while I know there are a lot of people who didn't like Rebellion because it felt like it 'undid' the ending of the tv series I felt more like it 'continued' the story where it left off.

As long as you're alive your story continues on and the fact that the series didn't end with everyone dying means that there was 'somewhere' they were headed and Rebellion did not disappoint.

I am hoping that there is a happy ending for all those involved but only if it's earned and Madoka hasn't disappointed me yet(other than a really long production period)[/spoiler]
kuma991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Hopefully either LiSA or Aimer does new music for the film. Don’t get me wrong, I like ClariS, their music is just more fitting for romantic comedies in my opinion. LiSA especially is much more fitting for dark anime.

LiSA and Aimer are now "generic popular singer for popular anime" placeholders. ClariS and Kalafina gave the franchise a part of its charm, and I will rave if they give the music to someone as boring and expressionless as those two.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am Reply with quote
Kalafina or Yuki Kajiura are likely involved in this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5