• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Sailor Moon Eternal Anime Films on June 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:07 am Reply with quote
Gawd I hope I get a chance to watch this with my second-oldest niece. I introduced "Sailor Moon Crystal" to her with parental permission two or so years ago, and it's been a huge bonding experience for us.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:39 am Reply with quote
Ok I stand corrected but even the. It took way longer than most other anime to come out.

Nothing about Carol and Tuesday right ?

From all reports the uk version of VG is better than Funi. Our esteemed Justin authored the UK discs

I reckon a 1 year exclusivity clause personally

Also if I’m not mistaken that June date coincides with Usagis birthday?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
Oh well welcome to Netflix jail for those waiting for home media release. You’re in for a long wait

Pretty sure Netflix will have an exclusivity clause for however long

look at Violet Evergarden only just getting a UK release and no US yet and Carol and Tuesday is MIA as far as home video goes
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution debuted on Netflix on February 2020 and Viz released it in November later that year. Even if it's a long wait for physical, pretty much everyone has Netflix, so as long as we actually get it, I don't really see having to wait a bit as that major of an issue. I've already waited five years just for Toei to finish the movie.
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:18 am Reply with quote
I wonder who the new VA of Pegasus will be? I don't imagine Chris Niosi will be reprising after his controversy a while back.

gumbaloom wrote:
Also if I’m not mistaken that June date coincides with Usagis birthday?

Yep! It's Usagi and Chibiusa's birth month. Their birthdays fall on June 30th.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:54 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:
Oh well welcome to Netflix jail for those waiting for home media release. You’re in for a long wait

Pretty sure Netflix will have an exclusivity clause for however long

look at Violet Evergarden only just getting a UK release and no US yet and Carol and Tuesday is MIA as far as home video goes
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution debuted on Netflix on February 2020 and Viz released it in November later that year. Even if it's a long wait for physical, pretty much everyone has Netflix, so as long as we actually get it, I don't really see having to wait a bit as that major of an issue. I've already waited five years just for Toei to finish the movie.

Some members of this forum have been quite vocal about "Netflix Jail' and their unwillingness to signup for another streaming service.

If I was in the UK I would choose Now TV over Netflix as it gets all the US shows faster.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:33 am Reply with quote
Todd Haberkorn is apparently directing the English dub so I won’t be surprised if Chris Niosi is back as Helios as Haberkorn also had allegations against him a few years back. I can’t think of what the last anime Haberkorn has been in was. https://twitter.com/toddhaberkorn/status/1387416627881275395?s=21
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Fisheye and JunJun's Viz VAs confirmed they're reprising! Especially excited about Fisheye since Erik Scott Kimerer was one of the best parts of the SuperS redub. <3

I'm surprised Todd's directing. Since a woman directed the past Crystal seasons and the Viz redub, I figured the replacement would be another female.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2