• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delight Works Appoints Game Producer Yoshinori Ono as President, COO

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnHawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:16 am Reply with quote
Hiring someone to run your gaming company who hasn't made a good gaming dev decision in 6+ years and no one at their old company liked? What could go wrong
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:40 am Reply with quote
This puts a new spin on why Sakura Kakumei is shutting down so soon if they're changing main company staff like this.

Anyway, good luck with whatever team-based fighter ends up coming out of this.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:39 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
Hiring someone to run your gaming company who hasn't made a good gaming dev decision in 6+ years and no one at their old company liked? What could go wrong

You’re basing no one liking Ono within Capcom based on what?

The same “fan” subjective speculation as him not making good decisions at his job?

Plus if you’re using his last 6 years at Capcom mostly centered around his work on SFV and MvCI (which you know good and well was not all his fault) against him never mind the fact he has 28 years of experience in the industry and has worked on numerous games and in numerous positions. You’re pretty much admitting not only is this a shallow take you have no understanding of how a business works.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:31 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
JohnHawk wrote:

You’re basing no one liking Ono within Capcom based on what?

The same “fan” subjective speculation as him not making good decisions at his job?

Plus if you’re using his last 6 years at Capcom mostly centered around his work on SFV and MvCI (which you know good and well was not all his fault) against him never mind the fact he has 28 years of experience in the industry and has worked on numerous games and in numerous positions. You’re pretty much admitting not only is this a shallow take you have no understanding of how a business works.

I remember how people used to LOVE him just for getting Street Fighter 4 MADE since Capcom had let it be a dead series for a decade. It really is terrible how unforgiving a fan base can be...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 am Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:

I remember how people used to LOVE him just for getting Street Fighter 4 MADE since Capcom had let it be a dead series for a decade. It really is terrible how unforgiving a fan base can be...

Pretty much I mean I get he did make some decisions on these projects that were not popular amongst fans of these projects. But there have been much worse people in this industry that have committed far greater sins deserving of condemnation and the like particularly things involving real people and you’re bothered by a guy because he oversaw things like nerfing you’re favorite character or making the games more accessible and stuff like that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1