• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Crunchyroll Spring 2021 Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
This year, my current CR watchlist just includes To Your Eternity, Odd Taxi, and Those Snow White Notes (although I'll probably marathon Zombieland Saga S2 later on and 86 if I hear good word of mouth). While I knew what to expect going in for TYE, the other two shows really surprised me, especially Odd Taxi. Such a weird show that I'm 100% down for haha. And Snow White Notes really mellowed out its pacing by episode 2 and I'm glad a commenter here told me to give it another chance. Although I can't help but feel the author did a one-shot featuring adults, and then was told by an editor to change the setting to high school because 1) it seemed like the MC was like 19 or 20 and 2) the change does feel abrupt to say the least

RenRen94 wrote:
Surprised at the lack of Fruits Basket.

Considering Funimation is on the production committee, I can imagine Crunchyroll wouldn't want it to be included in a sponsored ad, even if they do stream it. But even all that aside, its way better to advertise newer shows (or sequels with less episodes to catch-up on, like Zombieland Saga) than one with 50 episodes of pre-recs. Bit of a commitment to jump into.

RenRen94 wrote:
Will there be a Funimation list? I would be interested to see one.

They've sponsored the preview guide before, but I doubt it this season. And all these "Must-Watch Shows for Spring 2021" articles are feeling really redundant, and honestly pretty late at this point, so that's probably for the best. My personal picks from them would be: Fruits Basket S2, Megalo Box S2, SSSS.Dynazenon, Shadows House, Vivy, Super Cub, MHA, Mars Red, and Moriarty S2. Not sure if I can call that last one good exactly, but its entertaining enough at least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2