• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DLE Reveals Yoshimaho: Yoshi Yoshi Magic Original Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Ming Yi wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

I never said that MT is any better, but at least MT isn't fully self insert by being first person and having dummy mics and all

Like I said, there are female fans called "yumejoshi" who like self-inserts and there's a whole industry of drama CDs marketed to them called "situation CDs." What's wrong with women fantasizing about scenarios they'd like to be in?

I dunno, the whole baby thing really puts me off. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't really think twice about this.

Like don't get me wrong, I love reverse harems and stuff like that but when it gets into "protag is regressed into a baby and is taken care of by a group of guys" thaaaaats when it gets a bit too weird for me
SHD

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:26 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I dunno, the whole baby thing really puts me off. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't really think twice about this.

That's good, because the protagonist is not a baby, they're a five-year-old child. As written quite plainly in the article.

Also, perhaps because "western culture" (to use this broad over-generalization) is differently repressed in this regard, people don't seem to get how common this particular fantasy is. Like, yes, there's an infantilization kink, but this is not that. This literally being treated as a loving caretaker would treat a child.* Like, it doesn't even necessarily involve pretty boys, there's a loooot of this stuff in Japan for male consumers as well, both 2D and 3D (wherein you pay a girl to treat you like a young child, including head patting, the titular "yoshi-yoshi" - and it's not even sexual, although obviously there's a kinky/fetish version as well). And I don't think it needs to be explained why, but in case anyone wonders: being an adult is stressful and you're supposed to grin and bear it because you're an adult dammit, and you're not going to shamefully yearn for the time when, if you were stressed, you could just bawl and run to mommy/daddy/insert caretaker here, who would then hug you and pat your head and make you a cup of warm cocoa and tell you that everything is alright, and oops, you just wished someone would do exactly that.

But add pretty boys to the mix, and suddenly it's omg so weird and terrible, because male fantasies are fine, even if they're a bit weird, but female fantasies are ridiculous and unreasonable and omg why.

*Earnestly or in a funny/ironic way, who knows which way this show will lean, although going by the info at hand it's going to be more earnest than not.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

But add pretty boys to the mix, and suddenly it's omg so weird and terrible, because male fantasies are fine, even if they're a bit weird, but female fantasies are ridiculous and unreasonable and omg why.

I have no idea why you keep harping on me for this. I quite literally said that I was initially interested because of the pretty boys. I haven't seen MT so I don't want to judge it too harshly becuase people give me conflicting reports of how creepy the child parts are, but I never said that it was good, just that it seemed less strange than this since it wasn't in first person. I'm sorry I find the concept off-putting, but I'd find it just as off-putting if it was a 5 year old boy surrounded by hot girls too.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm Reply with quote
You seem to keep missing the part where this is not sexual or kinky...
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why so many people are throwing a fit over this. No one said anything about Higehiro, Nagima, Inuyasha, or, the new anime ANN announced, Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. There's nothing said to he sexual. It's mainly the series that are aimed towards women that tend to be most criticized. I'm not saying everything or every female aimed franchises but it's a large number of times it's happening.

Oh well. At least I'm going to see another anime with ikemen and Saito Soma.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:58 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

I don't think it being non sexual and non kinky should change my perception of it, regardless of whether it's sexual or not the entire concept of a pov self insert anime of a 5 year old just doesn't sit right with me. It has nothing to do with kinks, it has nothing to do with the intended audience, I just feel offput by it and I don't understand why I have to keep defending my own personal opinion. If you don't find it weird that's great, but I've explained my views multiple times.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:25 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
SHD wrote:

I don't think it being non sexual and non kinky should change my perception of it, regardless of whether it's sexual or not the entire concept of a pov self insert anime of a 5 year old just doesn't sit right with me. It has nothing to do with kinks, it has nothing to do with the intended audience, I just feel offput by it and I don't understand why I have to keep defending my own personal opinion. If you don't find it weird that's great, but I've explained my views multiple times.

SHD, one of the guys is literally labeled as a masochist, so there's some sexual undertones here. Also the last guy is literally named wolf and has candy. I don't care if this show turns out to be the most wholesome iyashikei we've ever seen,
I would not let that man take care of a child. Or me as a child for that matter.
ShironoKuro

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Omygawd this’ll be so cute! Oh my goodness...

(I’ve read stranger Anime hyper)

Anyways, more innocuous content is always welcomed with open arms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2