• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord TV Anime Gets 4th Season, New Film Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryten

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it. I dont even mind the bad CG as much as others. I just hope they can improve over the goblins level of CG that looks like it was out or an early total war game as far as movement went.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
About damn time! The 4th season was kinda announced after the end of the 3rd season, but more like a "it will happen some day" and after years of nothing we're finally getting closer, though the date (season) is still unknown.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Yaaay a movie (That a lot of westerners won't be able to watch until 6-8 months later...) but heeey the hype!
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo!!!! So happy to see this announced as this series has become a favorite of mine. I'm now looking forward to a (another) re-watch before the 4th season starts Anime smile

Nice to know more is already green-lit after the 4th season too =) Hopefully the whole series will eventually be animated (once it's finished being written) Very Happy
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 pm Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Yaaay a movie (That a lot of westerners won't be able to watch until 6-8 months later...) but heeey the hype!

I mean, probably not? At least before COVID happened, anime films got US screenings about 2-3 months after the Japanese release. So its really not that bad of a wait.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Overlord has never been a great show by any means but its certainly a watchable show so I'll check the 4th season out once it drops hoping Kyle Phillips will bring in some new blood to 4th season's dub when it comes to casting.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:56 am Reply with quote
Neat. I was hoping that more anime could be made of this series and I’m glad to see it happening.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Vizo wrote:
Question: Will the main characters ever be physically challenged by others?

I watched the previous seasons and the constant power flexes along with the slow pacing got old quick.

This is a big reason why revenge isekai is the worst kind of its genre: it's repetitive and shows no signs of changing.
Hal14

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:20 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Vizo wrote:

I watched the previous seasons and the constant power flexes along with the slow pacing got old quick.

This is a big reason why revenge isekai is the worst kind of its genre: it's repetitive and shows no signs of changing.

?
Overlord isn't a revenge isekai.

Anyway, to actually answer @Vizo's question: spoiler[So far, No. From this point onwards, there are two tough fights, but in both Ainz was holding back in one way or another].
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:46 am Reply with quote
All we have been having are glimpses of characters who might be able to challenge him. But the series has not brought them out in the open yet. Really surprised about how little the Slaine Theocracy has been up to since the first couple of episodes of the franchise also.

Other than the new Goblin Army leader and her village, there are not really any good nations out there that have been shown in the anime series. So I have no problem with our favorite overlords having some evil fun.

A movie and a new season of anime, all good news. I hope they keep the quality up. Really how lucky are we to get a fourth season of a late night anime. Got my fingers crossed for Tanya also, really want a second season.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:33 pm Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:
7jaws7 wrote:
Vizo wrote:

?
Overlord isn't a revenge isekai.

Anyway, to actually answer @Vizo's question: spoiler[So far, No. From this point onwards, there are two tough fights, but in both Ainz was holding back in one way or another].

I appreciate both of your responses. Many OP-MC isekai have similar issues. The fact Ainz continues to hold back to make things "interesting" is another reason for me to drop this series. Add the fact that other characters either admire, respect, or fear him, it feels like yet another Mary Sue Power Fantasy.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
All we have been having are glimpses of characters who might be able to challenge him. But the series has not brought them out in the open yet. Really surprised about how little the Slaine Theocracy has been up to since the first couple of episodes of the franchise also.

Other than the new Goblin Army leader and her village, there are not really any good nations out there that have been shown in the anime series. So I have no problem with our favorite overlords having some evil fun.

A movie and a new season of anime, all good news. I hope they keep the quality up. Really how lucky are we to get a fourth season of a late night anime. Got my fingers crossed for Tanya also, really want a second season.

Such a tease. The main group is immensely powerful and I want to see them pushed to their limits, but I don't think I'll ever get to see it play out. A 'Tournament of Power' like crossover with similarly strong anime characters would be fun to see.

I'm a bit torn with the characters of this series. I'm all for seeing arrogant "strong" ones get destroyed but that's about it. Aside from that, there are plenty of characters I don't care for and a few I like that get killed off.

I don't like Tanya as a character or a series, but I'm glad you're excited and hope you get what you want from it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2