• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Announces Yakuza Spinoff Lost Judgment Sequel Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:09 am Reply with quote
Great news, I really liked Judgment and I think you can easily do another game or even other spinoffs of the Yakuza series. Keep them coming Very Happy
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Do note that in the announcement stream, Nagoshi and Hosokawa still refer to the 1st game and series as whole as Judge Eyes (they cant change the name). The name change for the sequel might be due to wanting to distance themselves from the 1st games title due to Pierre Taki. Interesting to note is that now the new title feels redundant because the subtitle is called The memory that was not judged/Unjudged Memory. Also, the Ryu ga Gotoku games were always numbered and the recent RgG7 was numbered and had a subtitle in it. So why not the same for this game? The answer is clear.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
The answer is clear.

It's really not. This whole post is just groundless speculation. I don't have the slightest clue what you think we should infer from it.

As for numbering the titles, they didn't bother numbering the other spin-off series, either (Kenzan, Ishin) and have likewise abandoned the numbering for the mine line games overseas now that they're usin a more accurate translation for the title instead of, "Yakuza."
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/1390866955502972935

Quote:
Some info from famitsu interview on Lost Judgment

-they changed the title to Lost Judgment because they were thinking of worldwide audience and they wanted to unify title/visual for every region (first game had different title/visual for Japan/West)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Do note that in the announcement stream, Nagoshi and Hosokawa still refer to the 1st game and series as whole as Judge Eyes (they cant change the name). The name change for the sequel might be due to wanting to distance themselves from the 1st games title due to Pierre Taki.

Which makes no sense as Taki was scrubbed from the original Japanese game when his drug charge went down. Even the remaster of Yakuza 4 didn’t go that far when Akiyama’s actor had his issues in the period of time after the original version of 4 came out.

So I’m curious as to how this conclusion came about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1