• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Launches Final Series in Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy on July 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So looking forward to this! Beast Wars was my childhood.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Siege started super slow but got better in the end. Earthrise was better. Hopefully Kingdom follows in those footsteps since Beast Wars was the GOAT Razz The new figures are nice at least. Best non MP figures out there.
chronium

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I haven't liked a lot of the story choices they've made so my expectations are low for this.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how they'll able to satisfactorily conclude this storyline in 6 episodes, but I'm ready for a new Jake Tillman Optimus Prime meme.
me_barron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Last season was garbage. Hopefully they end on a high note. Love me some Dinobot and Waspinator.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
Siege started super slow but got better in the end. Earthrise was better. Hopefully Kingdom follows in those footsteps since Beast Wars was the GOAT Razz The new figures are nice at least. Best non MP figures out there.

That’s been my take so far, but Beast Wars has a special place in my heart so hopefully they’re done right.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 am Reply with quote
I grew up with Beast Wars, I still have a Dinobot and Airazor action figures. I wonder how they'll look with modern CGI, especially compared with the designs of the other Transformers that appear in the show.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Beast Wars has a special place in my heart so hopefully they’re done right.

Even as a seiyuu fan, I refuse to acknowledge what the Japanese did to Beast Wars when they dubbed it. I say this to every Japanese person who mentions Beast Wars to me. Many of them don't realize that it actually had a serious story.

That said, I am very excited for this but just like you, I hope the story is done right.

I've still got all my Transformers and Beast Wars toys in my closet at my parents' house. Can't bring myself to let go of them, even if I'll never play with or display them again.
K'un Lun Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:25 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:

Even as a seiyuu fan, I refuse to acknowledge what the Japanese did to Beast Wars when they dubbed it. I say this to every Japanese person who mentions Beast Wars to me. Many of them don't realize that it actually had a serious story.

I kinda figured that the more jokey nature of the Japanese dub of BW came from misinterpreting the slapstick moments in season 1. To be fair, the original/American iteration of the show didn’t really ratchet up the drama and the stakes until the season 1 finale (and got a lot more serious going into seasons 2 and 3).

I definitely got a “lighter” feel from the Japanese “continuations” of G1 (Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory) so I just assumed that was how Japan regarded the brand. Especially after I found out about “Kiss Players”. Confused

For all its faults, the Japanese version had a catchy opening theme. Not much else, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1