• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Night Head 2041 Anime's Video Reveals Opening Song, 20 Cast Members, July 14 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Changeman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:26 am Reply with quote
Second anime followed from plus ultra block which is not a netflix exclusive for streaming. The contract must really be over.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Changeman wrote:
Second anime followed from plus ultra block which is not a netflix exclusive for streaming. The contract must really be over.

That doesn't mean they won't get to license it, since we don't know who's licensing it yet.
Changeman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Changeman wrote:

That doesn't mean they won't get to license it, since we don't know who's licensing it yet.

That's true, it could happen like in Edens Zero and Shaman King where in Japan these series came out on dozens of local streaming, but in the west they are from Netflix. But the point I wanted to get to is that since the beginning that this block anime was created, Netflix had the exclusive streaming rights both inside and outside Japan, but this is the second anime that doesn't happen, with Fuji TV preferring to use their own streaming to at least do the local release, this already shows a change in posture.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Changeman wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Changeman wrote:

That's true, it could happen like in Edens Zero and Shaman King where in Japan these series came out on dozens of local streaming, but in the west they are from Netflix. But the point I wanted to get to is that since the beginning that this block anime was created, Netflix had the exclusive streaming rights both inside and outside Japan, but this is the second anime that doesn't happen, with Fuji TV preferring to use their own streaming to at least do the local release, this already shows a change in posture.

Ah right, sorry if I misunderstood.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing that its not in 2D because it looks good. Who-ya made another good song. I like how Yuki has a similar hairstyle to her seiyuu Reina.
I Am Audrey, how are you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, Slowcurve is on the committee, so it's a possibility that Fetnlix could get it, as long as Amazon doesn't get it, we should be good
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Is this a remake or a sequel? Either way I saw the first anime so I'll give this a shot as well. The title still sounds like it should belong to some hentai though. Laughing
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Is this a remake or a sequel?

Neither, but also this has nothing to do with the first anime (which was a rather terrible adaptation of the original TV drama.). It's more like a reboot of the story, where things go askew right at the start and the story turns out very differently from the original. (Source: I've been reading the manga version.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1