• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Gets 1st Limited-Time Attraction at Universal Studios Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
That artwork just makes it look like Tanjiro is about to slay the Universal logo.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am Reply with quote
So, these kinds of attractions are able to open in Japan, but not - which gets my goat - the United States. What's wrong? Why do Jurassic World and the Minions get all the attention at Universal's American theme parks.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
So, these kinds of attractions are able to open in Japan, but not - which gets my goat - the United States. What's wrong? Why do Jurassic World and the Minions get all the attention at Universal's American theme parks.

USJ often has Detective Conan attractions. Do you think it will do well outside of Japan? No. So I think this is why some of this stuff is restricted to USJ only. The senior leadership has a very different outlook to what they want to put into physical attraction than what the fans want. Granted Demon Slayer is pretty big in North America too, but it is not even close to what Detective Conan is in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1