• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seeing multiples of the same articles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:11 am Reply with quote
I’ve noticed a lot recently where I will sometimes see two to three of the same article posted in the same day, or one on one day and the same article the next day. Almost like they’re getting bumped up as a reminder. This morning when I checked the site, there were two chainsaw man and two Mari Okada articles almost right in a row. When I logged out of the website entirely I only saw one of each though, so I’m wondering if it’s a bug on the fast site? I did try clearing my cache and that did nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/o30lEpw logged out

https://imgur.com/a/tfgf03X fast site

[edit] Another example is the Legend of Mana anime article showed up hours later again.

https://imgur.com/a/Ag89OEk from this morning

https://imgur.com/a/LLmAqMi from this evening
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:27 am Reply with quote
Hmm, what *seems* to happens here is that the news item is first posted in the mainfeed (regular item on homepage) and later re-promoted to the marquee/sidebar, I guess because the newsteam realized there was a lot of interest in that article. So normally on the homepage you'd see it once in the marquee and once in the mainfeed, but as a subscriber if you have the marquee disabled they both wind in the mainfeed. This might be considered a bug but I'm not sure how to fix it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:56 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply! That does make sense, although I’ve been a subscriber for a few years now and have only noticed this happening within I would say the last maybe six months or so? I can’t remember when exactly it started, but it was certainly more recent.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:43 am Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:
Thank you for your reply! That does make sense, although I’ve been a subscriber for a few years now and have only noticed this happening within I would say the last maybe six months or so? I can’t remember when exactly it started, but it was certainly more recent.

The newsteam has started using the sidebar a bit more the last year or so. So that probably explains why you've started noticing it more recently.

I'll let Dan figure out how to best resolve this.

Chris
marshray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:00 pm Reply with quote
thanks, dan for the quick explanation. Even I was confused about what the actual game, was behind this
Kimcorner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:28 am Reply with quote
Sorry to bumping this old post up, but it is necessary to acknowledge for a dev or dan, that I think the bug downgrading the site again. Because I also noticed there was a double post, even I just recently joined this forum.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:24 am Reply with quote
Not enough info.
What was double posted?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
noumansaeed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Kimcorner wrote:
Sorry to bumping this old post up, but it is necessary to acknowledge for a dev or dan, that I think the bug downgrading the site again. Because I also noticed there was a double post, even I just recently joined this forum.

I was thinking that may be that was only on my server and I tried to refresh it almost 5-6 times to check its status, again and again. Glad the error wasn't on my side.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1