• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike the Blood Anime Gets 5th, Final OVA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh man. This is definitely a guilty pleasure watch for me. I do hope Crunchyroll (or somewhere,) picks up all the OVAs though, unlikely as that may be.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
tsog wrote:
Key wrote:
It's popular enough in the West the Crunchyroll picked up the first two sets of OVAs, though. (Would love to see them pick up the later content, since the subs in the fansubs from the middle of III on are terrible.)

This felt odd to me so I looked it up.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/08/04/crunchyroll-streams-strike-the-blood-ova-hakubo-anime-film

Sure enough, they announced that they will stream the Third OVA, but they never did put the videos up. Wonder what happened to their license.

The problem is that what Crunchyroll is calling STB 3 is actually OVA II, so they did post it. And yes, this misnumbering is quite annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tsog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

The problem is that what Crunchyroll is calling STB 3 is actually OVA II, so they did post it. And yes, this misnumbering is quite annoying.

I don't follow. The image CR used in the announcement matches the image used in the Third's website: http://www.strike-the-blood.com/third/

CR announced three STB OVAs total, and I only see two uploaded so far. Unless it's not showing up for my region, it appears that CR announced the Third but have not yet made it available.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
tsog wrote:
Key wrote:
It's popular enough in the West the Crunchyroll picked up the first two sets of OVAs, though. (Would love to see them pick up the later content, since the subs in the fansubs from the middle of III on are terrible.)

This felt odd to me so I looked it up.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/08/04/crunchyroll-streams-strike-the-blood-ova-hakubo-anime-film

Sure enough, they announced that they will stream the Third OVA, but they never did put the videos up. Wonder what happened to their license.

Are they? I checked it out and "Strike the Blood OVA" and "Strike the Blood Second" are listed with no trace of Third (Though they're labeled as seasons 3 and 4 for some reason, with nothing as season 2??)
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote
^
You have to look at the episode titles.

What CR is calling S3 are the two "Kingdom of Valkyria" OVAs, which are listed as attached to the main TV series.

What CR is calling S4 are OVA episodes titled "Swords-Shaman of Shadow," "4th Progenitor on the Run," and "Knight of a Sinful God," which compose what is generally called STB II.

CR's seasonal classifications leave something to be desired. (It's not just this franchise that's problematic on that, but this is one of the worst cases.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:23 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
^
You have to look at the episode titles.

What CR is calling S3 are the two "Kingdom of Valkyria" OVAs, which are listed as attached to the main TV series.

What CR is calling S4 are OVA episodes titled "Swords-Shaman of Shadow," "4th Progenitor on the Run," and "Knight of a Sinful God," which compose what is generally called STB II.

CR's seasonal classifications leave something to be desired. (It's not just this franchise that's problematic on that, but this is one of the worst cases.)

Oh, I see what you're talking about now.
Just for reference, this wasn't an issue until CR switched to their new beta site, where different "seasons" were assigned to a drop down menu.

The error in the "S3" and "S4" portion aside, the actual titles of what are in each section (being "Strike the Blood OVA" & "Strike the Blood Second") are accurate.

Anyway, the point is CR does have the rights to Strike the Blood Third, and still has yet to upload it. Maybe when they eventually do they'll fix the "S3" & "S4" listing errors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2