• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GKIDS Licenses Hayao Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:18 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Future Boy Conan finally licensed after how much praise I've seen it got over the years. I'm also surprised to see it get an English dub and I'm glad it's in good hand with GKids. Now we just need the World Masterpiece Theater anime Miyazaki and Takahata worked on.
#psreloaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:08 am Reply with quote
retroshojo wrote:
Fingers crossed for Heidi: Girl of the Alps!

Hoping the same. I still remember the English dub I saw back in 2001 on Cartoon Network India.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
Oops, I missed this news when it came out.

I'm surprised the news article and comments (unless I missed something) left out the show's importance to last year's Keep Your Hands Off Our Eizouken! (particularly the first episode- watching FBC is Midori's first and greatest inspiration to become an animator).

Different opinions for different people. hard to believe people think the show as a whole is boring. Some of the story in the middle drags a bit as they have to infiltrate the bad guy's lair, but there's a reason I gave it a Masterpiece rating (which I am very stingy with).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4