• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AlphaPolis Launches Alpha Manga App for Smartphones

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitestrider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Not even one title I could be interested in...
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Well at least Gate is out of Sekai Project's clutches. Will have to see how many chapters they'll release beyond the 2 volumes previously published and how often updated.
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm Reply with quote
All the shojos they have are decent reads! Especially An Observation Log of My Fiancee Who Calls Herself a Villainess (Bertia's adorable♥), May I Ask for One Final Thing?, Offense and Defense in Daites, The Black Healer, and This Time I Will Find Happiness! (from Mamenosuke Fujimaru; did various Alice in the Country of adaptations & game art + Captive Hearts of Oz) are some of my favorites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Whitestrider wrote:
Not even one title I could be interested in...

There’s a few I’ve already bought in Japanese and others I’ve at least wishlisted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dian Z

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Sad that it's not available worldwide like Azuki or Mangamo.
srlracing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:30 pm Reply with quote
They tweaked their business model just enough from the Japanese site to make me sad. Currently the newest chapter is available for free for a short period of time and all older chapter back to the first 3 can be purchased or rented. That is how I have been keeping up with the Gate manga every month. If they operated the service like that I would be all in. Still, better than nothing.
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:05 pm Reply with quote
!!! So many good series!
hessbri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:14 am Reply with quote
srlracing wrote:
They tweaked their business model just enough from the Japanese site to make me sad. Currently the newest chapter is available for free for a short period of time and all older chapter back to the first 3 can be purchased or rented. That is how I have been keeping up with the Gate manga every month. If they operated the service like that I would be all in. Still, better than nothing.

Actually based on the original press release that is how this is going to work. This article either has additional sources then this press release, or did a horrible job of summarizing it.

animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2021-07-08/alpha-manga-a-new-manga-comic-app-for-reading-original-japanese-manga-now-available/.174944
srlracing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:07 pm Reply with quote
hessbri wrote:
srlracing wrote:

Actually based on the original press release that is how this is going to work. This article either has additional sources then this press release, or did a horrible job of summarizing it.

animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2021-07-08/alpha-manga-a-new-manga-comic-app-for-reading-original-japanese-manga-now-available/.174944

Its not the most clear in its wording. Unless you are familiar with their Japanese business model, this line might not catch your attention, "after the expiry of the free content period, further chapters will no longer be available for free."

This does suggest to me that new chapters will be available for free for a period of time as they are on their Japanese website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1