• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Remake Our Life!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I really liked how they handled things w/ Kyoya making the tough decisions on how to handle the school project. It is the hardest thing in the world to be responsible to making sure a team meets a deadline and balancing that with the fact that creative types can very, very, often be perfectionists who want to keep tinkering and changing things in detriment to the overall ending. Neither is "right", but reaching a deadline is a tough thing to deal with, and Kyoya's reasoning made sense, as did his reaction to thinking about whether or not he made the balance call.

I was less impressed with how the series handled the aftermath. Kyoya's immediate reaction did not suggest that he would just steamroll over Platinum going forward. Neither did it seem like Platinum were so completely beholden to Kyoya's word that not only would Aki and them give up their passion that he apparently encouraged, but Aki would be okay with marrying him after that. It just doesn't make a lot of abstract sense. Perhaps more detail about how this past unfolded would do better to sell it, but it doesn't carry a lot of weight outside of being a conflict the story needed to have happen.

Finally, I have to find myself agreeing with Yttrbio. The whole situation seemed so over-the-top bad, and was made worse that there was nothing there that would suggest Eiko didn't have the capacity or "brilliance" to come up with same resolution. That Kyoya also had it all ready to go seemed more like his waiting for his chance to swoop in and be the hero than his having a genuine interest in helping Eiko or her team or the company. Otherwise, why not talk to her about his specific plans, take her in to talk with the boss ahead of time instead of going in alone earlier? It really feels like they dropped the ball on plotting this arc out - a rushed scenario they needed to get done before hitting the series ending.
Wasureta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
The whole situation seemed so over-the-top bad, and was made worse that there was nothing there that would suggest Eiko didn't have the capacity or "brilliance" to come up with same resolution. That Kyoya also had it all ready to go seemed more like his waiting for his chance to swoop in and be the hero than his having a genuine interest in helping Eiko or her team or the company.

Actually, this situation is common. You need a third person to break the tie or bring in a new perspective.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
Otherwise, why not talk to her about his specific plans, take her in to talk with the boss ahead of time instead of going in alone earlier?

Because he wanted to let her stand on her own two feet, to push through, figure it out and succeed on her own merits rather than relying on him. He didn't want to repeat the same mistake (from his perspective) he made with the other 3.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
As the father of a little girl I love more than life itself, there is no way I could make the choices Kyoya does.

spoiler[By around 8 minutes into the last episode, when he's lying there with his wife, who has found her purpose again, and his lovely little girl... I was just begging him to stay. And no arguments that he made against changing that fate made me change my mind.
So I can't say I enjoyed the ending. But that may be on a purely personal level. I don't know yet.]
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 am Reply with quote
Honestly i'm glad he went back in time, what surprised me was where he went back in time too. i thought he would have gone further back in time to before the game was released to allow people to rely on him more.

This episode gave the best argument on why he should have stayed in the future, so i can see why comments about he should have stayed were made but the last couple episodes had me saying, He needs to go back. He was talking about how people roles at the game company were not as good, how maki's mother stopped drawing, how the others stopped pursuing there passions.

I think this was also in my top 5 for summer and a definite add to my feel good anime list. I will probably read the source material after this whether that's a LN or manga, i don't actually know. I will also definitely pick this up when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

I definitely connected with anime, having recently graduated from college and entering the work force, it also didn't help that the protagonist and everyone was my age so I could relate to the themes. i have a friend who will only watch an anime when it's fully out, so i definitely plan to recommend this one to him.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I read this to get a sense on how this show ended, I stopped watching at the "Review" episode, because I find those pretty annoying especially at such a low episode count.
You convinced me to give it another chance.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote
As someone who hasn't started watching this, I appreciate the wrap up at the end of the review for those who are just checking in to see if it's worth checking out Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3