• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Love Live! Superstar!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I would like to hear a SunPa song Sad It's sad we haven't gotten to see them perform. Even A-Rise got two songs, and after Saint Snow getting to actually do concerts I was kinda hoping they'd treat the rival group nicely, but instead they're even worse than A-Rise in their general uselessness.
Maybe it's because they've been set up as so great that they don't want to show their music proper in case it's disappointing... Or maybe the decision was to focus on the main group without distraction.
(Or maybe it's that the rival groups always have better in series songs than the main groups ww)

I was surprised it was only 12 eps. I was sure it'd be 13 again.

The ending wasn't bad. I like the emotion on everyone's face, and the way both Liella and the other students reacted. Like, realistically, second place is a great result! But the disappointment of being so close and not making it in was so strong. Couldn't help but feel bad for them, even though you know they're gonna win next season.
(Actually it'd be cool to have one of the love live groups never win, have their third years move on and see what happens. Liella are all first year students so they have 2 more chances, provided they don't get 2 LL in one year happening again.)
Bayuro2.0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I was surprised it was only 12 eps. I was sure it'd be 13 again.

The ending wasn't bad. I like the emotion on everyone's face, and the way both Liella and the other students reacted. Like, realistically, second place is a great result! But the disappointment of being so close and not making it in was so strong. Couldn't help but feel bad for them, even though you know they're gonna win next season.

I also feel the same thing. I also think that the Love Live Superstar are on a "budget mode". Liella only have 5 members compare to the usual 9 members each of the past three series. Also it only has 12 episode compare to the usual 13 episodes. I hope this is not a sign that the Love Live franchise is waning.

I kinda expect that Liella would lose at the end of the season. It's way too early. They will surely bounce back next season just like Muse and Aqours if they get one. For now, I'm now excited about Nijigasaki second season.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, that did not feel like a final episode, maybe just because SIP and Sunshine both had episodes after the Love Live results to kind of wrap things up, so I was mentally expecting there to be one more episode.

Once again, Liella! should have been disqualified, this time for their blatant Snow Halation rip off. Laughing

Anyway, I really enjoyed Super Star overall, but it just feels incomplete somehow, compared to the season finales of the other Love Live series. Really looking forward to the next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4