• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Sonny Boy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Final Ep.

Ok, I liked it overall. The universe they chose is fine by me, just spoiler[ the consequences are not very dramatic.] How they got there was so much eye candy, but that's ok. I need to think about why it matters that spoiler[ the drinking glass got broken at the school. Maybe it's a test to see what can be changed?]

Anyway, spoiler[all's well that ends well enough. ]

Myself, if I discovered that a multi-verse exists, that would be ok, but knowing that the Dr Strangelove principle/god/whatever he is, is out there too, someplace, that would worry me a bit. Rolling Eyes But that's just me. Wink
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Was rather taken by the concept that each person has a trajectory through life that can be influenced or changed by interactions with others but just "observing" changes nothing. And people we might casually encounter "evolve" beyond what we knew at one point in time until they aren't the person we once "observed". A bit more convoluted for my tastes, but not a bad piece. I think they saved the budget for this Ep because the work to do the multiverse visuals, even with CG, was impressive.
EngrishFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
I need to think about why it matters that spoiler[ the drinking glass got broken at the school. Maybe it's a test to see what can be changed?]

If I remember correctly from the first episode, spoiler[even if the students broke things within the school they would get restored some indeterminate time later, so this was one of Mizuho's ways of trying to see if she was really back in "normal world".]

Of course, Sonny Boy is nothing if not open ended so everything is up for interpretation *shrugs*
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:06 am Reply with quote
I think this is one of those series that I can see is amazing, but just don't have the energy to dig into enough to be amazed. But that's a me problem, not a fault with the series. I can't condemn it for being too deep, just because I'm too shallow and can't swim.

So I really appreciated Steve's reviews, since he could do the dive and bring lots of inviting treasures to the surface for me to marvel at. Smile

I think I need the lyrics of the songs in this episode.

@ Hiroki not Takuya: if you were impressed by that CGI, give Artiswitch a look. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3